Chapter 1•Together Again

Start from the beginning

Suddenly I was falling to the ground, broken from my trance. I yelped in surprise as I fell, hitting my head a bit. I heard the sound of clattering metal around me.

"Oh Miss I am so sorry-"
"No it's my fault. It's busy around here I should've gone inside." I hurriedly said remembering while I was out in the first place. I quickly got up brushing off my deep red dress.

I looked up to the face of a beautiful man. He had a strong jawline and brown hair pulled back in a small pony tail brunette strands falling in his face. He also had a sharply trimmed mustache and beard, if you could call it that.

I shamelessly looked him up and down appreciatively. He had a strong build as well but not too much muscle if that makes sense. More lean and muscle in all the right places. His eyes were a soft brown and kind. There was something in his eyes when he looked at me. Something that made my stomach flip.

My head subconsciously tilted to the side and I smiled flirtatiously. My old habits coming back. I quickly shook my head properly looking at his clothes for a brief moment deciding that he may be of the middle or lower class. Most likely a blacksmith my the swords that just clattered to the ground.

I looked back up at the mans face seeing he was blushing. He had noticed me looking at him in a way that probably wasn't looked at highly around here.

"I'm sorry." I apologized once more bending down to pick up the fallen weapons. He hurried down after me.
"No, Miss Faye, do not apologize to me. I am not worth it. Let me take these." He used my fake last name and gently took the swords from my hands avoiding my eyes.

"Hey." I chastised. "I am probably below your level on the status scale, not that it matters. We are both human beings not one is above or below. And you may call me Charlotte. Charlie for short."

Pirates were probably the least judgmental people on earth. We knew what it was like to be treated like dirt on your shoe. But we enjoyed a challenge when it came.

"Here, I'll take some of these." I took half of the swords back. "And I can assist you back to your workplace. I'm assuming a blacksmith?" The man nodded looking at me with amazement making me blush.

As we walked I curiously asked, "How is it you've come to know my name? I do not know yours."

"O-oh. Everyone knows of you and Ms.Swann. You two are the most eligible women in London. And I am Will Turner." I smiled at him.

"Well nice to meet you Mr. Will Turner." I said as we approached his workplace. We walked inside setting down the weapons.
"By the way, what was it in that shop that had you so entranced? It had to be special." He pried.

"It was just a necklace. The prettiest in the shop. It was quite beautiful."

"Couldn't have been more beautiful than you." He blurted making me giggle at his now red face. I have a feeling he didn't mean to say that. I turned grasping the handle of one of the swords.

"Ms.Faye I do not think it is wise to be holding a weapon." His eyes widened. I rolled mine twirling the large and surprisingly light object in my hand.

I swung it around expertly in the air a bit getting a feel for it. "This is remarkable craftsmanship." I complemented balancing the sword between the blade and handle.