The War Ends

ATHENA POV:

He's alive. He's alive. Harry's alive.

The message won't register. My legs still feel like jello and my brain won't function properly. Plus my whole body still aches from the cruciartus curse. Mr. Weasley is talking, but nothing registers.

"Harry's fine, Athena! Snap out of it!" Hermione says, appearing in front of me. I manage to snap out of it a little bit when she splashes water in my face.

"Go kill the snake," I say shakily. She nods and goes into the battle with Ron to find the snake. I finally register as Ginny comes up to me, smiling. I manage to smile back. "Let's go kick some arse again, Gin!" She nods happily and I go straight for Bellatrix and stun her. She lays on the ground and I make sure the curse stays. "You're so going to jail, you b*tch!" I spit in her face and then stun even more Death Eaters. Seeing Harry still alive seemed to give me more strength and bravery than I ever have had. I am a true Gryffindor now. Suddenly, the Gryffindor sword transfigures right in front of me. An easier way to destroy a horcrux. I quickly put a full body bind curse on Bellatrix and rush off to find Ron and Hermione. When I find them, they're stumbling backwards, the snake still in persuit of them. I quickly run over and swing the sword at it before it can bite them. It vanishes with in a billow of shadows and smoke. I look down to see Ron and Hermione there, both of their eyes closed. Ron holds Hermione close to him, sort of in a protective way. Okay, that's the sweetest thing ever. They open their eyes and see me standing there with the sword. Hermione smiles wider then I've ever seen her smile. She, Ron and I all give each other giant hugs.

"Athena Ariana Dumbledore, you scared us to death! We thought he was going to kill you too!" I laugh and hug her again, happy and relieved tears forming in my eyes.

"You're such a great friend, 'Mione," I whisper in her ear.

"And you're my best friend, Athena." I laugh at this as we go back to join the fight. But, there actually is no fight, since all the Death Eaters cleared out of the place. People sit there, tending to the injured and wounded.

"Where's Harry?" I ask them but they both just shrug, looking worried. I see them both holding hands, so I just walk off and leave them alone. I see Uncle Aberfourth there, talking to Dean and Seamus. I'm about to go and talk to them, but I hear someone enter the hall. Harry walks in, all bloody and bruised, but smiling. I then know that Voldemort was gone. Harry sees me and holds his arms open. I run into them and start crying my eyes out. Nothing could ever make me happier than I am right now.

"Told you I wasn't going anywhere," Harry says, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Is he gone?" I whisper and Harry nods, looking happier than I've ever seen him. I just stand there for a moment, looking into the abyss of his emerald green eyes. "I really do love you," I say again and Harry smiles.

"And I love you too." And then his lips meet mine. It seems like forever we just stand there, me being wrapped in his arms and him being wrapped in mine. The kiss we shared was filled with so much relief, happiness, and sadness all at once. It was better than any other kiss we had shared. This one was so real that it left us both speechless.

Harry and I found Ron and Hermione and just walked out of the Great Hall in silence. None of us knew where exactly we were going, but none of us cared either. I just held tight onto Harry's hand as we did, and was just glad to be amongst people who love me. People who I love.

It was all over now, the wizarding world had been set free. And Harry was mine again. There would be no more horcruxes to find, or no more pain to feel. Of course there would be bad guys, and Death Eaters would still be around, but it didn't even matter.

The good had overpowered the evil.

Love is what saved us all.

Nothing could ever be stronger than love.