Letters and Malfoy

ATHENA POV:

Dear Harry,

How has your summer been? Mine has been completely uneventful. I hope the Dursleys aren't giving you a rough time...

Anyways, I can't wait to go see the Quidditch World Cup! I'm going to the Weasleys tomorrow morning. When are you?

Oh, I forgot the mention; did you hear the Triwizard Tournament is being held at Hogwarts this year? Exciting! I wonder how old you have to be to enter.

Can't wait to see you!

Athena

P.S. Have you heard anything from Snuffles?

I sealed the envelope and gave it to Uncle Aberfourth's owl Harold.

"Take this to Harry Potter," I say and Harold gives a little hoot, then he's off. I sigh and stare out the window. There aren't many people in Diagon Alley yet, considering the fact that its early morning. Suddenly I see a Hogwarts owl coming from the sky. It's feathers are brown but tinted black slightly on the ends. Must be my Hogwarts letter. I open it to indeed find my acceptance letter and a list of supplies.

That day in Diagon Alley I was shopping alone while Uncle Aberfourth had to see to some 'business' with the Gringotts goblins. I had finished all my school shopping when I was looking at the newest broomstick through the glass of a shop. I took out all the galleons I had in my pocket and found I didn't have nearly enough to buy it. I sigh and start to walk away when I run into none other than Malfoy.

"Hey watch where you're- oh it's you," a smirk passes across his face. "Sorry I should've been more careful," he says and I roll my eyes. "I see you were looking at that." He motions to the broom in the window. "Are you going to get it?" I shake my head.

"Costs too much." He then pulls galleons out of his pocket.

"Here. It's all on me." He pushes the galleons towards me and I'm about to take them. What am I doing?

"That's very nice of you Draco, but I can't take that," I say and his face falls. "But thanks. Really," I say and put a hand on his shoulder and smile. He blushes a little bit before I wave to him and walk away. Well that was awkward...

I spend the rest of the time looking at all the wizard pets and then I go to Gringotts to wait for Uncle Aberfourth. He comes out with a big pouch of galleons.

"How about some dinner at the Leaky Cauldron?" He suggests and I agree, linking my arm through his.

The dinner is mostly quiet, since both my uncle and I have trouble talking while eating. We mostly talk about the Weasleys and how nice they've been to me. We've talked about my odd experiences at Hogwarts, but he keeps bringing it up.

"Just be careful next year, okay? The Triward Tournament is going to be going on so people are going to be reckless," he says, giving me glances between his spoonfuls of soup. I nod, wanting desperately to avoid this conversation. Can't he stop bringing it up? Once we're done we walk around for a little while and eventually we apparate back home. I go to my room to find Harold tapping on my window. Harry must've written back! I rip open the letter to find it is from Harry.

Dear Athena,

My summer has also been a complete drag. The Dursleys aren't giving me as hard of a time because they think I can use magic out of school. I can kind of get them to step back a little. And good news! I actually have a bedroom now! I heard about the Triwizard Tournament! I wonder what obsticles are going to be held this year. I'm already at the Weasleys and also can't wait to see the Quidditch World Cup! Bulgaria vs Ireland! Who are you rooting for?

Can't wait to see you!

From,

Harry

P.S. I've heard a little bit from Snuffles and he's still on the move. He wouldn't tell me where though...

I read the note several times before replying. I just answer all his questions and things like that.

"Athena!" My uncles voice is barely audible through my closed door. "Make sure you have all your stuff packed by tonight!"

"Okay!" I yell back and start packing. I couldn't wait to see all my friends again! Don't get me wrong, I love my Uncles, but it could get boring after a while without having someone my age to talk to.

That night I went to bed with thoughts of a fun time etched into my brain.