Chapter 40 ~Race To The Cure*

Começar do início

"OK, you need to seriously stop doing that when I wake you up, or I'm just going to wake Tinkerbell instead. She won't cut my head off." Felix gently whispered in her ear it was time to get up.

"That won't be necessary, Hook." He sighed, but rolled his eyes. It was funny that they were working together now. After all the years of them trying to kill each other....

"How is she?" Tinkerbell asked rubbing her eyes sleepily.

"It's getting closer to her heart." Hook replied as he watched Felix scoop Wendy up in his arms protectively. It was kind of like the protection an older brother offered his little sister.

"Will we make it in time, Felix?" She asked worriedly. Their gazes locked for a moment until Felix looked away.

"I don't know."

"She won't make it, Felix." Hook said still eyeing the corpse like Wendy.

"We have to try-"

"And what if trying gets her killed? What then?" Hook snapped.

"Hook, this is the only way. If we give up, she'll die for sure." Tinkerbell defended.

Hook looked at her shocked and then gave Felix a questionable glare.

"No, I didn't tell her about the other opinion. Frankly, she won't agree to it." Felix stated simply glaring at Hook.

"What other option?" Tinkerbell growled. Hook felt bad for her. Being on the run for so long was bound to its downside. She missed out on all the Neverland loopholes of dying gossip.

"We can take her to the Neverland's spring. It cures any ill." Hook whispered, his mind flashing back to his missed brother.

"Then why aren't we heading there now?" She asked and bent down to roll up the her sleeping bag.

"Because that spring has a price for whoever drinks from it, Tink," Felix replied, "And I don't think Wendy would want to pay that price."

"What would she have to give up?" Tinkerbell asked cautiously. Hook knew what she was thinking.

What else?

What else did Wendy Darling have to sacrifice? She left her family behind, her life. She lost Pan multiple times when each new villain declared their vengeance against him. She lost part of her humanity becoming a mermaid.

She hardly gained anything.

It was beyond Hook to figure out why Wendy didn't just break down.

"Drinking from the spring prevents you from leaving Neverland," Hook explained, "If you leave, as soon as your feet touch new soil, you will die."

"That's why we are wasting time. She wouldn't want this, Tink." Felix started walking with Wendy. Tink sighed and began to follow.

And then suddenly everyone stopped. Every thing stopped.

"Take me to the spring."

No one had spoken, but the voice was recognizably Wendy's. It was like everyones mind stopped working the second she put her voice in their heads.

Wendy was still limp in Felix's arms. Her eyelids fluttered for a split, her brow creased as if she was concentrating on something.

"Take me."

Tinkerbell reacted first. She dropped her sleeping bag and moved to Felix. She put a hand on Wendy's cheek.

"Are....are sure? You've....suffered so much." Tink looked like she was about to burst into tears.