Chapter Nineteen

I had fallen down a buzzfeed rabbit hole when I heard the knock. I literally jumped up from the couch before realizing the sound wasn't a ghost and actually the door. The knock came again and I realized i had been staring at the door for a good minute and a half. Calmly I walked over to answer the door. I don't know why I felt nervous. I had snuck boys into my rooms before and it wasn't like I liked Kyle in that way, at least not enough to have sex with him, tonight. But besides he was only here to grab his phone. I opened the door, Kyle stood there with his big brown eyes with a smile on face.

"Guess what!" He was so excited it made me smile, I let him come inside before asking why he was so happy. "The boys want me to be your bodyguard and I'll be right next to your room!" Originally I had thought Kyle heard me when I was talking to the boys but then again he was able to sneak out of the bathroom somehow so I guess he didn't hear anything.

"Yay! I'm so happy for you!" I smiled

"I love being a merch guy but I would much rather get paid to hangout with you that's awesome!" I'd never seen a twenty year old guy look like such a happy child. He was grinning from ear to ear but I wanted to tease him

"Oh so you'd only hangout with me if you were getting paid." I faked the saddest look I could.

"NO! No no no that's not what I meant-" he started talking really fast about how he didn't mean it like that. I tried to hold it in but I started to laugh. He looked confused and then scowled at me "oh you think this is some kind of joke huh!" He said and threw me up over his shoulder

"No! Kyle put me down! Right now!" I slapped his back

"As you wish!" He said before basically body slamming me into my bed. I didn't even know we had walked in here.

"That was rude!" I said not very serious he just laughed at me. His laugh made me smile, we sat in silence for a couple of minutes before I got up to grab his phone for him I handed it to him just as it started to ring, I could see the name Emily, pop up on the screen

"Excuse me" he said as he walked into the other room. I felt kinda, jealous? i didn't want to have feelings for kyle, it was way too soon, like a little school girl crush. i'm sure it didn't mean anything right? Either way I played on my phone till he came back once he came back he plopped down next to me "sorry that was my sister, she had a question about her homework." he said while fixing his hair.

"awe that's cute that she calls you for help." i smile, sometimes i wish i had an older brother, i suppose now i do, i dont really see any of the boys as my dad at this point.

"yeah, i mean im really the only one to help her, our parents passed away in a house fire when i was 17, and ive been taking care of her ever since, all the money i get from this job i send back to her." i frown slightly

"oh, im really sorry that happened to you guys." he just shrugs 

"i just want her to grow up to be as happy and normal as she can be. thats why her anxiety is so bad. i try my best to go home and visit her as much as possible."

"you really are an amazing big brother you know that?" i smiled

"thank you that really means a lot." he smiled back at me, before looking at his phone again. "alright little lady, its getting super late and we gotta be up early, and i would also love to get a goodnight sleep in a real bed." he said standing up, i nodded and walked him to the door before we both said goodnight. 

-

6am came wayyyy to fast, my stupid alarm was going off crazy loud, but i got up and stretched my arms and legs before making my way into the shower, i made sure to text the boys that i was indeed awake and getting ready. after my shower i dressed in some light blue jeans, a white crop top and some white slip on vans, quickly doing my makeup and grabbing my backpack. i had just started to scroll through snap stories when there was a knock on my door.

"its kyle! are you ready to go? the boys are waiting for you." i smile and roll my eyes before heading out my door. 

"lets get this day started." i say as we walk out to the big black van "since im being dragged along to this, can we please get some coffee on the way?" i practically begged

"yes we can but also we didnt just drag you along with us, some of these interviews are going to include you as well, we've kept you out of the press as much as we could over all this time, but people really wanna get to know you." liam says looking up from his phone

"wait, you're springing this on me last minute? i dont know what to say!" im totally going to embarrass these boys

"we knew you would only freak out about it, and try to find a way out. you just have to answer questions they ask and if you dont feel comfortable answering just say so, none of them are done live, and we usually do a couple of takes anyways. theres nothing to worry about, everyone is usually very nice." harry says making me feel a little better. we got our coffee and went to the first interview. kyle stayed by my side as much as he could and when he wasnt he was always within my view giving me a thumbs up. the boys were right, everyone was so nice and there werent any questions that i didnt want to answer. 

the first couple of interviews went by in a flash, and i only had one more left to do. the questions were basically the same as ever other. "whats it like living with the boys?" "are you enjoying touring?" "what do the boys do the annoy you the most." mostly all questions about the boys which i didnt mind

"now, im sure youve seen all over twitter, everyone wants to know what life was like before you came to live with these boys." the lady smiled at me i wasnt sure how to answer that.

"uh, you know it was pretty wild, as a lot of people already know, i was an orphan, so i didnt really have rules, i was basically out partying everynight." i laughed a little

"and what where those parties like?"

"loud music lots of drunk people haha it was always a night to remember." i looked over to liam and ugh joey talking in the corner. 

"alright people where gonna take a five minute break real quick!" joey said him and liam walked over to me. "what were you thinking! you cant say stuff like that!" joey basically yelled at me i flinched slightly

"hey man, give her a break she didnt know, sky just dont say things about drinking or drugs or anything that could give you a bad rep, okay?" liam said i just nodded wanting joey to leave. he rolled his eyes at me before going to talk to someone else "youre doing great honey!" liam said before walking off of the platform. the interview didnt go on much longer before we were done.

"now that all my interviews are done, can i go back to the hotel? im not feeling great." i asked liam. he says its okay before calling over kyle to take me home.