Chapter 54 - Nothing Left To Believe In

I woke up the next morning at Devon's house. I stayed at his house at night because I didn't want Dimitri to know I was here or else he'd send me back to Earth. Devon's parents were really nice and let me stay.

While I was sleeping I had many dreams filled with my hidden memories and I was so happy. I remembered everything by the next morning. I remembered receiving the letter from the government telling me I was chosen. I remembered coming here and how Dimitri almost killed me but then decided not to. I remembered all the arguments we had together. I remembered the first time I realized I loved him and our first kiss. I remembered everything, even losing my virginity, which I can't believe I forgot. How could I forget something like that?

I felt really angry at Dimitri but my heart hurt for him as well. I understood why he took my memories away but he should have at least given me a chance to try to fix things.

I walked out of the bedroom to find Devon and once I saw him, I ran up to him and hugged him. I then pulled away and smacked him on his head with my hand. "You stupid idiot!" I exclaimed, hitting him again causing him to move away letting out a stream of curses.

"What the hell, Bella!" He exclaimed staring back at me wide-eyed. "First you hug me, then you hit me? This is the exact reason why I'll never understand women!" He pouted. You could still the sleep in his eyes. He must have just woken up. Poor guy, getting beaten up as soon as he wakes up. The thought really made me laugh.

"Don't 'what the hell, Bella' me! You are so dumb sometimes like please, someone help me. Like come on Devon, did you really have to sound that creepy at the club?" I asked, shaking my head in amusement at him.

"You got your memories back didn't you?" He asked with his eyebrows raised, causing me to shake my head. He smiled before I came in for another hug, causing him to frown and move away again. "You're not going to hit me again, are you?" He asked, causing me to hit him again, just for asking.

"God damn, stop it!" He exclaimed in annoyance. "Why the hell does Dimitri even put up with you? You're so annoying!"

"Because Dimitri's not dumb and stupid! Actually he is, he's very stupid for making that dumb decision of erasing my memories but... That's not the point." I said quieting down as I went in and hugged Devon. Devon wrapped his arms around me as I softly started crying.

"Shh Bella, don't cry. I know you can save Dimitri. I believe in you. And I know you'll do anything you possibly can to save him. I know you can do it." Devon spoke softly.

"But what if I fail?" I asked, pulling away, my voice shaking.

"You won't." He said giving my shoulder a firm assuring squeeze. "Now what's our plan?" Just as Devon finished his sentence, we heard a loud booming noise, causing us both to jump in surprise.

"What was that?" I asked on alert. A look of horror was on Devon's face as he realized something. "Devon!" I exclaimed, shaking him to snap him out of the trance he just fell in.

"It was Dimitri! He just surrendered himself to the Shadow! I read about the ritual somewhere once and it talked about the loud noise we just heard. This is bad! This is very bad!" Devon was freaking out while I just stood there in shock.

He did it. He surrendered. Of course he would have by now. He did say he was planning to surrender himself today. But for some reason that didn't click into my brain until now.

I closed my eyes, taking in deep breaths to calm myself. Esther believed I could save him. She said that all I had to do was believe I could. And that's what I was going to do. I was going to believe I could. In fact, I don't even have to try to believe because I know I can.