Chapter 48 - No Recollection

"That was amazing." Dimitri whispered as he grabbed the blanket and draped it over us both. I quietly took the blanket and pulled it up. I didn't know what to feel. I was still coming off the high Dimitri brought me too and dread soon starting setting in. Dimitri didn't want me to stay here. He still wanted me sent back to Earth and I knew I was in much bigger trouble now. After sharing something this intimate with him, I knew I would fall into a great state of depression and heartbreak if he sent me back. And he was sending me back.

I turned my back towards him and closed my eyes, as he went and talked on. I wasn't really paying attention at this point, not when I kept thinking about how horrible life was going to become for me and how much I was going to miss him. I was going to miss him so much. I didn't want to lose him. But there was nothing I could do anymore. I knew I had failed. I had failed both Dimitri and I. Esther had told me that I'd either succeed or fail and failure is what I hit. Of course I was going to fail.

"Isabella?" Dimitri said, concern lacing his words when he realized I wasn't paying attention. I felt him wrap an arm around my waist, pulling me back into him. "Isabella, are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

I didn't say anything. I couldn't. Not when I was crying. I hid my face in the pillow not wanting to show him I was crying. "Isabella, you're scaring me. Did I hurt you?" He asked sounding really worried. In response I shook my head no, causing him to sigh in relief. "Then what's wrong my love?" He asked softly, caressing my bare hip.

I suddenly turned around to look at him with anger. "You should know what's wrong!" I yelled at him as more tears slid down my face. I could tell he was surprised to see me yell at him like that. "You're being so selfish and stubborn Dimitri! Why won't you let me help you?" I sobbed out in frustration.

"Can we please not argue right now Isabella? I really don't want to remember our first time together ending with an argument." Dimitri said causing me to stare at him in disbelief. He didn't even bother considering how all this was making me feel. All he cared was about himself.

"Fine." I said as I got up off the bed, slipped my robe on and ran out of his room. I heard Dimitri call my name and come after me. He soon caught up to me and pulled me back into his arms. "Isabella-"

"Don't Isabella me!" I exclaimed trying to get away from me. "Let me go!" I exclaimed as I tried to struggle out of his hold.

"Isabella stop." Dimitri said softly but firmly, holding tightly onto me.

"No! I'm done with you! You don't believe in anything. You don't care to live. You clearly don't care about me, or Devon, or anyone! It's all about you." I said as I tried so hard to get away from him.

He simply ignored me and gathered me up into his arms, and carried me back to his room. "Dimitri, put me down right now!" I yelled at him as I struggled continuously. He continued walking as if nothing happened and then when he reached his room, he layed me down on his bed.

"You think I don't care about you? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Rovana's supposed to be my top priority, love comes next, those are the rules. But I've been making you my top priority. You're more important to me than anything in this world and worlds over. So how could you say I don't care?" He said, with a look of sadness on his face. "Izzie I love you. I love you so fucking much. I honestly don't think there's any way I could show you exactly how much I love you. I bet no one could ever love anyone as much as I love you. Everything I'm doing is for you Isabella. I'm sending you back to Earth because I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want the Shadow inside me to hurt you. Even if it means, I don't get to be with you. And I know you'll move on. You'll find someone who can actually love you for the rest of your life. You're kind, smart and beautiful in every way Izzie. Any guy would be lucky to have you."