Chapter 22 - Can't Do That

So guess what I woke up with today? My freaking period. Like are you kidding me?
And guess what else I found out today. Demon women don't get periods! How freaking unfair? Like what is this? So then I was in trouble because I needed my feminine products. Pam asked Mary if there were any pads or something that she possibly could have had. And she said that they did have a stack of them but some of the other girls already used them all. And that if I wanted someone to go down to earth to get them for me I would have to talk to Dimitri about it.

Um, I was not going to ask him! I'm not insane. And it would be so awkward too. Kenneth already found out when I was talking to Pam about it and he seemed really disgusted. I don't blame him though because demons are not used to something like that.

I asked Mary if she could tell Dimitri to send someone down to earth but she wouldn't which was so annoying. She said I had to talk to him myself. Honestly, I'd rather just use tissue paper than go and ask Dimitri about it. But realistically, I knew I couldn't do that.

Maybe if I told him about it, he'd be disgusted too and leave me alone for a while. Just like Kenneth. Except I wasn't happy that Kenneth wouldn't come near me. It was annoying and rude.

I sighed as I walked up to Dimitri's room. I felt nauseous and my back was starting to really hurt. I hated my period so much. I always got really nauseous and had many back and head aches and stomach cramps and legit every possible horrible period symptom that exists. Like can I please stab myself?

By the time I reached his room, I was too nauseous to care about how awkward it would be to tell him. I knocked on his door, breathing deeply in and out. He opened the door with an annoyed look which slowly washed off his face as he noticed the sick look on my face.

"Isabella, are you okay?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed in concern. The concern wasn't super visible on his facial expression, but it was there, however small it was. If I didn't feel so horribly sick, I would have been really surprised to see it.

I leaned against the door frame, trying to ignore the nausea that was seeming to grow. The nausea was worse than it had ever been before. "Um, Dimitri, you'll find this really disgusting. But I kinda got my... um, period... and I kinda need some pads. Can you send someone down to earth to get them for me?" I finally managed to ask, feeling really embarrassed suddenly.

"Yeah, sure but first come and sit down, you really don't look good." He said, gesturing to his couch.

"I don't have time to sit around! I need a pad right now! So hurry up and get someone to get them! Gosh." I exclaimed in annoyance. "Oh and thanks for telling me I look ugly. Really appreciate it!"

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk to me in that manner. And be patient, I'm telling someone right." He said, glaring at me before he left the room. I stood there glaring down at the ground for the time Dimitri was gone. I ignored the painful cramps I had in my stomach as I waited for him to come back. And soon he did.

He walked up to me before resting a hand on my shoulder. "If you want, I can get rid of your nausea for you."

I shrugged his hand off my shoulder. "No thank you. I'd rather not experience horrible pain at the moment." I said causing him to nod his head.

"Whatever you want." He said sitting down on the couch, looking up at me still standing. "Oh and I didn't say you're ugly. I meant that you looked sick. Not ugly. There's a difference."

"Whatever." I said, rolling my eyes.

Soon enough someone came back with some pads and I felt more relieved than I've ever felt. When I came out the bathroom, I thanked Dimitri. He didn't say anything except nod his head. I was surprised to see him not disgusted by this at all. Both Mary and Kenneth were so I expected him to be as well.