Chapter 39 -Vulnerable

"That little bitch hole! How dare he reject you like that? That fucking dick face potato shit!" Pam yelled causing Devon to burst out laughing. I had to admit that what she said was really funny and it made me smile a little through the tears.

Devon, Kenneth and Pam were all surrounding me trying to make me feel better as I had cried for three hours straight. And it was finally working. I felt a whole lot better with all of them there. Even with Kenneth here. He was being really supportive even though he hated how I felt about Dimitri, and I really appreciated that.

"But like seriously, he can't just go and compliment Isabella and then reject her like that!" She exclaimed, causing Devon to agree. Kenneth just looked really pissed off.

I reached out and placed my hand on his arm, causing him to turn his head and look at me. "You don't have to stay here. I'll be fine." I said to him. I knew how hurt he felt and hearing me talk about how I loved Dimitri was not making him feel better.

"No, that fucking asshole decided to hurt you. I'm not going to let him keep hurting you like that. I will stay here as long as I need to, to make sure you're okay and to make sure you don't start crying again." Kenneth said grabbing my hand in his, and giving it a small squeeze.

"Thank you." I said squeezing his hand back.

"I don't understand this. He got really jealous when you were dancing with that Sean dude. He even went after you to make sure you were okay, which I doubt he does for anyone. And then on top of that, he spent the rest of his evening all with you Isabella. I was so sure he liked you." Pam exclaimed in annoyance.

"He's scared. That has to be the reason because I thought he liked Isabella too." Devon started before turning to look at me. "It's actually quiet obvious he likes you Bella. But all I'm guessing is that he's scared. Because he did say that he thought you were pretending to love him so you could hurt him. That has to mean he's lying and that he probably does love you back." Devon suggested causing me to shake my head.

"But after that he said that it didn't matter because he didn't like me anyways." I said, proving Devon's theory wrong.

"Yeah but he could just be saying that. Maybe he doesn't want you to know he actually likes you back because he's too scared to try a relationship with you." Devon said causing Kenneth to agree. Pam agreed too, but I still wasn't sure.

"It makes sense though." Devon said, causing me to shrug my shoulders.

"If Dimitri does like Isabella but is too afraid to admit it, then we need to make him jealous. A little jealousy never hurt anyone, am I right?" Pam said causing Devon to agree. "Kenneth, are you willing to help make Dimitri jealous?"

Kenneth sighed, looking like he really didn't want to help but then agreed. "Fine." He said.

"Thanks Kenneth, I really appreciate this." I whispered to him causing him to lean down and press a kiss to my head.

******

Later on, I was walking down the hallway with Kenneth when we both spotted Dimitri coming our way. I immediately grabbed Kenneth's hand, feeling really bad that I was making him do this. Kenneth noticed the guilty look on my face and reassured me, saying it was okay. But I still felt horribly bad.

"Now, wipe that look off your face and pretend you're really happy with me." Kenneth whispered in my ear. "He's looking. Laugh." Kenneth said, and I did as he said and laughed. I could feel Dimitri's gaze on me, but I pretended that I was so into Kenneth, that I didn't see him coming our way.