Debut

"Woah, Jungkook is really good," Hearing compliments from everywhere, I wiped the sweat from my forehead and watched the lad dance in front of us. As if he was trying to set an example how it should be danced properly.

"Woah, good! Keep doing your best!" Our choreographer said, clapping and sticking out his thumbs. Jungkook smiled and bowed, before returning back to his place. I rolled my eyes and slowly stood up, as it was my turn.

Passing by Jungkook, I noticed that he stuck up his thumb and wished me good luck in a whispering voice. I gave a weak smile and went to stand in the middle of the dance room. There were three people sitting in front of me, all with a serious gaze. I gulped and felt my hands getting sweaty. I hated this time of the month. This could make you or break you. Monthly trainee evaluation. Feeling my body still sore from yesterday's practice, I tried to block out my tiredness and focus on my perfect movements that I have been practicing a lot on. I hope I have improved.

As the music started playing, I forgot everyone around me and started to move along the beat. My feet traced around the floor, dragging my body across it to express the emotions from the song. When the first chorus of the song was done, I opened my eyes and watched myself in the mirror. Seeing widened eyes and their jaw dropped, I smiled to myself.

Turning around to get ready for the second part of the song, I stretched my arm and noticed Jungkook sitting in the back with his legs crossed. He had those twinkling eyes and that adorable smile.

Realizing that I was distracted and had skipped a beat, I hurried myself to catch up again. Damned. I hope they haven't noticed. As soon as the bridge from the song came, I bit my lip and twirled myself around. Steady and fast, I turned myself around, around, around,...

This was the hardest part of my dance. It took me two weeks to master this dance move and I hoped I have practiced enough. When the music was nearing its end, I slowed my pace and shove my feet behind to stop and bent my body. Stretching my arm up and looking at it, the music stopped.

Warm applause and whistles entered my ears as I let my mind back into reality. Our choreographer gave me a smile and looked down to the judge who looked indifferent. Nervously, I bowed my head to them and waited for their response.

Was I good enough to impress them? They haven't noticed my mistake, have they?

The person in the middle was the first one to speak. He pushed up his glasses and held out his paper.

"Your dance was good, but I don't see any improvements from last month. Compared to the performance Jungkook gave, you didn't seem to have taken our feedback into consideration," he told me. My heart sank. They didn't like my performance, although I've practiced so much. Why are they pulling Jungkook into this? It's not fair for me. Of course if someone that talented went before me, it would have given them higher expectations for my dance. Despite these thoughts, I didn't protest and just stood there silently with my head a bit bent down.

"I agree with him. You were one beat behind the music,"

They noticed it.

Feeling their words weight on my shoulders, I wanted to escape and cry. My hard work didn't pay off.

"But..."

I raised my head and looked at the person on the right who just spoke.

"The way how you express your emotions into your dance never ceases to amaze me. Even though you've made a mistake. So, we let you off this time. Practice well for next month,"

I nodded and bowed my head, before returning back to my place in the back. Another trainee was called up to the front, as they continued their evaluation.