Turning round, she sashayed her way out of his presence, and the manager did strain his neck to watch her departure. Obi watched her retreating figure appreciatively, his eyes gleaming with mischief and unbridled joy and wonder. She certainly hadn't changed in any way or become different from the young flame he still carried a torch for even after ten years.

She was still absolutely stunning; she still had the same luminous eyes that transfixed him with desire and totally mesmerized him; her breasts were full and ripe, and swelled seductively, straining against the fabric she wore; she had obviously maintained her body with diets and strenuous exercise because she still looked sculpted to perfection; her deliciously long legs were amazing, a sight that would have a model frowning with envy. Her attire was definitely haute couture; her sea-green, lime satin blouse was cut very low, revealing an unholy amount of cleavage, and the skirt she wore set off her long legs to advantage. She was every man's dream and every woman's nightmare, a sculpted Venus, a creature with a hot body made for the sin of sex.

Turning to the simpering fool who was still gawking after the departing woman, a questioning frown on his face, Obi demanded, 'And what was she talking about? A concert is taking place here? And what audience was she babbling about?'

'Well, she first appeared on the screens ten years ago, with her bestselling debut album Promiscuous which subsequently sold more than ten million copies worldwide. People loved her immensely for it, and since then, she's never looked back, and has remained the hottest in-demand female singer in the country till date. She's released several singles, and then albums, and she works for charity. She was hailed as the most charitable young celebrity in the country by the president himself.'

His mind reeling with disbelief, his brain awash with the memories of past years, Obi recalled, with total clarity, that his mother had yapped incessantly about the singer and her songs for a very long time. Hope had been filled with nothing but adoration and love for the singer who she claimed was well-loved by adoring fans all over the continent. Hope, with her youthful good looks and energy which rendered her age indeterminate, had tried to coax him into attending one of the singer's concerts and nationwide tours six years ago, shortly after his return from overseas. However, his response had a polite and chilly refusal.

The tenacious woman, never easily daunted, had gone ahead to procure numerous albums of the well-known singer, and he had invariably listened to them, and had been forced to acknowledge the singer's irrefutable genius with the microphone.

Turning a frozen look on the manager, Obi embarked on an inquisition as to the time of the performance. 'And when, if I may be so bold as to ask, is this all-important performance taking place?'

'Everything will take place right away. The audience is ready for her.'

Waving the man away so he could have time to think, Obi cleared his suddenly agitated mind of the myriad of thoughts that had swept into it, totally unchecked. And he asked himself a searching question: was he still infatuated with the whore? And even if he was, would she give him the light of day now that she was a famous woman who was no longer in need of his petty cash? And, did she remember him even though their affair had been a one-night tryst?

Whether or not she still remembered him was a nagging question he couldn't get rid of from his mind. He fervently hoped to himself that there was a trace of memory remaining in her mind pertaining to who he was and about the night they had shared together. The reason was because he wanted her once again, yearned for her body passionately. He was attracted to her_ he had been from the first moment he set his eyes on her at that club where she was feeding the fantasies of the men who were there, gawping at her body.

Right now, he wanted to date her and have her back in his arms, but that was highly unlikely, he reasoned to himself. She had to be attached to a man, or she could even be married to another man. No one who was stunningly beautiful like she was could remain single. It was impossible!