Marik coughed, "Ahem...you mean what's rightfully ours..."

"Don't count on it, my assistant."

Marik rolled his eyes, "K," he scoffed, "Well bunny-ears, what do you mean by 'distractions'?"

A grunt escaped from my clenched teeth, "N-nothing...never mind," I stood up and looked down, "I just need to get over it. It's stupid."

"Ha, well it can't be as stupid as her," Marik placed his hand on Bakura's shoulder to help him realize, "I mean, she ACTUALLY thinks that she can stop us..." Marik looked over to his left, looking at a particular area of the wall, "she has no idea what we have in store...remember?"

"Hm," I looked in the direction that Marik was looking at, "On the contrary, she's actually pretty smart..."

I then felt pain across my face. Marik had slapped me. Hard.

"What the frick?!?!" Marik now placed his other hand on my other shoulder, "What's with the dreary look in your eye and the words of contamination that you have just spoken?!?!" I looked up at Marik and met his hostile gaze as he continued rambling, "Why are you saying that the little shit is smart???"

Not once did I look away from the riled-up male in front of me, "At school...I've seen that she earns straight A's...no matter how much she plays the act of not caring about school..."

"Pfft, so? Just because she's smart at school doesn't mean she's educated on the millennium items!" Marik let go of his comrade's shoulders, "Honestly Bakura...this is not like you. Giving admiration to one of your victims???"

"Tch," I looked away, "I'm not admiring her."

"Really? It seems as if you are, since you're focusing on 'how smart' (y/n) is and how you're defending your statement...."

Shutting my eyes, I had to mentally tell myself not to punch Marik in the face, "Shut up! I told you not to mention her name!"

"Oh I'm sorry, did I hit a soft spot in you that reacts when I speak of her ugly name?"

"Marik..."

"This isn't like you Bakura," Marik repeated, getting pissed, "You know, I think (y/n) herself is the distraction that you were referring to but you don't want to face that disgusting fact...and neither do I..."

Something inside me dropped, but I didn't know what it was, "What are you talking about...?"

Marik sighed and turned my head with his hand so he could pierce his gaze right into my eyes. His violet eyes seemed as if they were searching for something within me, like his eyes were a bunch of hunters that were trying to spot some animals to shoot down and dissect.

"I'm talking about how you just can't seem to tell me specifically what distractions occur when you are around that fool. Or why you get so tense when I mention her name. Or how you are disagreeing with the fact that she is stupid. Or why you are acting so worried...your eyes are flooding with an unknown emotion right now that I just can't put my finger on and depict exactly what you are feeling..." Marik closed his eyes and tilted his head slightly down, "But I can take a good guess at it though..."

"And what would that be..." Oh shit...he's figuring it out...

"You like her."

I growled, "Y-yeah so? So what Marik?" I calmed myself down a little. I took a deep breath, "Look, I know it sounds totally out of character for me to like a girl like her but...I can guarantee you Marik," I looked at him with boldness, "I will not let that be a distraction ever again-"

"What do you like about her?" Marik cut me off. Clearly wanting to find out more. Emotionally tearing me apart like a piece of meat.

But this question made me chuckle a little, "Oh Marik, you know what I'm talking about." I smiled, "For one she's...pretty..."

Marik turned away from me saying, "That's it, I've heard enough."

His reaction was worrying me a little, "but Marik I promise you that I will not let something like that so pathetic get the best of me...you're absolutely right, that's not like me at all and I'm the stupid one for letting this crap happen or even be the topic of a conversation..."

There was a short pause before Marik replied, "I believe in you Bakura, but you must prove to me that you won't let those distractions get to you my friend..."

"I will," a smirk appeared on my face, "trust me."

"...by killing her."

My eyes widened, "WHAT?!?! Marik, for all of the situations of thievery that we have been through, never ONCE have we ever killed someone for it!"

Marik paused again. This time, he pinned me against the stone-hard wall, noses almost touching. "Look Bakura, you wanna stop her and take her millennium bracelet don't you?"

"Yes," I answered, "More than anything."

"Then you can't let her appearance, or whatever the hell attracts you to her, to block you from reaching our goal of stealing the bracelet for a much greater use. Kill her Bakura, or I will. I'm tired of waiting for the damn artifact to come to our hands."

I sighed and looked down, "Fine. I'll do it. I'll prove to you that I can overcome that obstacle."

"Good." Marik let go of me and smirked as he made his way over to a certain area of the wall. "You know who else is tired of waiting also?" Marik walked toward the particular area of the wall that him and I glanced at earlier and pushed against a block in the wall with one of his hands as parts of the walls separated from each other like a curtain. The sound of roaring filled the room.

"There, there Zorc," I made my way over to the great monster, "You'll get your toy soon enough. Once I take it from (y/n), it will be yours to play with."

Bakura smiled with satisfaction and said, "I will not let you and Marik down."

_________________________________________________

So uh...how's everyone's new years goin? cuz I'm just sitting here on my ass reading fanfictions and eating pockys.

Anyways, new update coming this weekend! And again, Happy New Year! :D

~Crystal