21

Danielle's POV

We didn't stay long at Calum's after the band meeting ended, which was about a new song. Luke and Ashton both agreed that they were hungry, so we left for them to get a quick bite at a drive through: the classic burger and fries.

"So," Luke began, stuffing his face with an abnormal amount of fries. "What's the plan now? Are we going home? Are we going somewhere?" He lifted his drink and took a swig, trying to wash down his fries. Ashton was holding a box of fries and the steering wheel at the same time. Considering he was the one driving and in control of our destination, I figured the question was directed towards him.

"Where do you wanna go? We already got food. What is there to do this time of day?" Ashton responded. "I was hoping to just go home, but it's up to y'all." I caught Ashton glimpsing at me in the rearview mirror. He had smiled and looked back in front of him when I had noticed.

"I figured, y'know, we'd find something to do, but I do have some stuff to do I guess. Let's just go home." Luke was clearly upset about not having something to go and do, but Ashton didn't hesitate to drive home. I didn't know what Luke would be doing, but I was sure Ashton would want to talk about the kiss. When Ashton turned the car into the driveway, Luke was quick to get out without any words. I stayed seated, acting like I was on my phone to kill some of the tension that I thought was there. Ashton pulled the keys out of the ignition, and he turned to face me.

"Well?" he kind of snapped. "Are you getting out or not?" I was taken by surprise. After the kiss we just shared, I figured he'd be a little nicer. I didn't know what to say, so I opened the car door and slipped out. Ashton soon mimicked. I walked into my room, and I sat on my phone until there was a knock on my door, and Ashton cracked it. "Hey."

"Hi." I made sure to keep it short after he made me mad.

"Can I come in?"

"You kind of already are," I said. His head was leaning in through my cracked door. He pushed it opened to walk in, and he pushed it closed once he was in. He walked over to my bed. I was in the middle of my bed with my back on the wall. When Ashton sat on my bed, he pushed me over. It was kind of awkward to begin with. Ashton grabbed my phone from my hands, and he sat it on my night stand. "I was using that." Ashton placed his arm over me, and he held his body above mine. He put his face even with mine. My heart was racing, and I saw an actual smile on Ashton's face. He reconnected our lips like they were earlier today. I felt the same rush.