"RESEARCH REEE" - Madi, 2015

I wrote this in 2015 I believe, when I was 13. And I just want to say while I still do appreciate this chapter, I'm pretty disappointed with it. Apologies to anyone who bibled this chapter and believe that everything here is true, because I wrote some pretty ignorant stuff. Thank you and enjoy this much improved chapter.

I'm sad to say that this is the last chapter I'm going to continue on this story (I'll talk more about this later), and I want it to be before 2016, and I want it to be a bit of a serious one. Enjoy :3

This is a major problem, and I got the idea when Lovely_despair mentioned something like it.

The following things seem SO FUCKIING COOL AND ROMANTIC in fanfictions when they really aren't:
- Rape (but that's already mentioned)
- Cutting
- Eating disorders
- Bullying
- Mental Illnesses

WHY? WHY? WHY?

First off, cutting. Cutting needs to be taken more seriously, and it's not in these stupid fanfictions.

I said that it's someone's fault for cutting themselves. And it kind of is because, you know, they're human and have free will. But, current Madi in 2018 doesn't like how insensitive past Madi seemed.

It's like how an eating disorder affects people's mental health. Yes they're responsible for their actions, but it's the mental illness that leads them to doing stuff like that. After all, I think most of us know cutting stems from things such as depression and anxiety and what not.

(Also, if you read the original chapter, I'm sorry that I referenced a fucking Onision video. Even if you don't know he is, I'm so sorry).

And dating someone doesn't just make you stop those type of habits.

Second, bullying. I've never read a "Bullied By The Outisders" fanfic, but there are a lot on Wattpad that feature every other boy band on Earth. And I mean A LOT! Just look up "Bully" in the search bar, and you could see what the community has become.

(Rage Madi...START!)

IT IS NOT OKAY FOR SOMEONE TO HURT YOU AND TORTURE YOU BECAUSE THEY HAVE "NO WAY OF SHOWING THEIR FEELINGS"! YOU KNOW WHAT THAT FUCKING IS? A TSUNDERE FROM HELL!!!

Has that ever happened to you? Like, you just fall in love with your bully? "Yeah they beat me up everyday and tell me to kill myself but I LOVE THEREREM." That just screams

I H A V E I S S U E S

And last, but certainly NOT least: Mental Illnesses.

Oooooo boy

My dad has anxiety (update: and lots of other stuff hehe 2016 was a bad year) and I'm pretty sure I do to (update: ayyyyeeee). And I think that annoys me more than cutting and ED because it's something I actually have some experience with.

"I'm depressed :("

And?

"..."

OKAY.

I feel like the MC having depression is usually used as a personality trait. Depression is not a personality trait thank you. And with the MC having depressions, it's less about how they struggle with it and more like WOAH LOOK AT HOW BAD THEIR LIFE IS THATS WHY THEYRE DEPRESSED ISMT IT SO SAD THOUGH OMG LIKE THEIR PARENTS ARE ABUSIVE AND THEY GOT RAPED 203994849494 TIMES WOW FEEL BAD.

It's like we're forced to like her when she doesn't have any personality. It's just a pity party really.

And the mental illnesses are usually  oversimplified. Depression is more than just being suicidal and crying a lot. Mental illnesses aren't black and white. And just because someone is depressed doesn't mean they can't smile or laugh or enjoy something every once in a while. Like god damn, they're still human beings.

Anxiety is more than just worrying. It annoys me that, especially lately in our current society, it's seen as this UWU CUTE QUIRK. I'M NERVOUS DADDY HOLD ME PLS.

Oh and also...ANXIETY IS MORE THAN JUST PANIC ATTACKS. Some people with anxiety hardly ever get them. I haven't had one yet thank god. 

The MC has anxiety and our only way of knowing that is her saying "I have anxiety" and her having a panic attack every 2 freaking seconds. 

Medication, therapy, constant stress and worry over small things, overthinking, not being able to do normal things like driving.

I also talked about bipolar disorder and I cringed at what I wrote. I had no idea what I was saying lol. To be honest, I'm still not familiar with it, but I do know this:

Being bipolar is more than just mood swings. :)

I'd love to say more but I can't. Soooo DO YOUR FUCKING RESEARCH REEE!!1!

Oh and can we just appreciate the fact that I thought this was okay to say: "And it's not when you have multiple personalities, because I'm pretty sure that's just schizophrenia. GET YO FACTS STRAIGHT!"

HAHAHHAHA THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO CORRECTED ME ON THAT SHIT.

No but really if you're dealing with any of this stuff and you have no hope, talk to me or another person on Wattpad. Ask for help! There are so many kind people on the internet who have the same problems as you, so you're not alone.

Next, is a chapter on why I'm ending this book. And after that, we'll look back on all the fun I've had with this book. Thank you, love you, bye <3

Fuuuuckkkk