sorry (extra part tho)

I may or may not have lost interest in this story... sorry. But I'm adding a little bit of an extra part, just for the sake of hitting 1K reads! Woo! If you guys want to continue this story by yourselves, feel free to do what you want with it, just be sure to tag me and Hiddlestucki_Tomboy in it, she was the friend who wrote it with me! I'm very sorry I wasn't able to stay interested in this, it's been a long standing problem with me, I can't seem to keep up with any of the stories I want to write. It is my eternal struggle. As a New Year's Resolution, I am going to attempt a story that I will try to write in every day, and update a chapter/part every week (specifically, Friday). I'm not sure what it'll be about, and I'm not sure how good it'll be, but I'm just going to see where it takes me. Anyway, I'm sure you don't really care, but for all you guys, as an apology for canceling this story, I have written this last part (also, like I said earlier, to celebrate 1K reads, but mostly as an apology), so I hope you enjoy, and I hope you forgive me :/

Love you readers, thanks for helping me hit this milestone, even though I let you guys down. -Maybe see you later, Sarah

*********

We had a lasting fire crackling for the first time in weeks, thanks to Leo. The half-bloods surrounded it, so close they were nearly lying on it, hair glistening with water Percy had drenched them in. They laughed and joked about wars and quests we had never heard of. They seemed so serene, so at ease. All was well.

The Electroclan wasn't so calm. Nichelle stalked around the newcomers like an antsy tiger, eying them distrustfully, as though they were going to shed their skin to reveal Elgen uniforms any minute. Ostin kept his distance, sitting cross-legged on the carpeted jungle floor, his face etched into a standing frown as he lost himself in deep thought. The rest of the troop had packed themselves in a tight huddle, harsh whispers and quiet mutterings of plans barely escaped their circle of secrecy. I wondered if they were planning to do something with the demigods. I wondered if they were planning to do something with me.

No, I corrected myself with unabashed confidence, Taylor would never let them get out of hand like that.

But I myself wondered about these asylum-fit jungle freaks. Who were they? How did they get here? If they weren't Glows, where did their abilities come from? Theories congregated from the tiniest fibers of thoughts, and I wondered if this was what it was like to be Ostin.

When the darkness fell, one of the new guys, Nico, volunteered to do night watch, along with Nichelle, who almost had a heart attack when she heard the news.

"Please don't make me go out there with that creep." She begged me.

I gave her a weird look, "Creep, seriously? He's practically your gender swapped double! Be the tough girl you think you are and go patrol with him."

The withering stare she fixed me with made me think she was about to torture me again, but she just stomped off into the trees, Nico tripping over his feet and running to catch up.

Eventually, after a lot of staring, us and the demigods decided it was too cold to make for ridiculous divided sleeping arrangements, and practically fell on top of each other as we tried to get to the comfiest spots ASAP. Percy took an immediate liking to McKenna (and the heat she brought), while Taylor discovered Leo was definitely warmer than the rest of them. Annabeth and Ostin pressed themselves together in a closeness I wasn't sure McKenna would approve of, had she not already passed out. I smiled when I heard their excited discoveries about the geekiness of each other. Through the caution of dwindling with the unknown, after weeks of restlessness, I finally felt content enough to sleep.

In the latest hours of the night, when the stars were the clearest and the wind was the coldest, a grinding roar woke me from the empty depths of slumber.