FORTY

Happy new year to everyone! Have a nice one and lets hope that it's as good or even better than the the last one! All the love, C xx

"I feel like we did this before." I tell Niall as he skates in front of me and pulls me behind him. Out of nowhere the lights dim a bit and music starts to play. Maybe it was a coincidence, maybe Bob chose the song, but what ever it was, it makes me automatically sing, forgetting what I just said to him, forgetting that this feels like we did this before. Forgetting my worries, that's what Niall does to me. 'Die In Your Arms' by Justin Bieber plays and Niall bursts out laughing as he skates away from me and leaves me in the middle of the ice.

"Niall!" I yell after him, feeling like I can't move without falling down. It's a surprise that I haven't fallen down yet. Usually I would fall, trip, or just land on my butt anyway, but tonight is different. Being on the ice feels familiar to me, even though I can't remember that I've ever been ice skating before. I can't remember being on the dry, on roller skates either.

"Catch me!" Niall exclaims from the other side of the ice. I roll my eyes at him and watch him skate in a bit circle around me.

"I will fall, gorgeous." I take a deep breath and cross my arms in front of my chest.

"No, you won't." He's smirking like he just got a new Fifa game and it warms my heart. I love seeing him smiling and laughing - happy.

"Niall please..." I roll my eyes yet again.

"Come on, love. You can do it." He stands still and waits for me to make a move. Anxiousness and the fear to fall and embarrassing myself in front of him builds up, but I take a deep breath, inhale the icy air before I move. Somehow my feet know what to do and I find myself skating over to Niall – a bit wobbly, but hey! It's something.

"See, you can do it." He smirks proud and skates away from his spot. Niall's quick and it drives me crazy. I spin around and continue to try to catch him, but he's much quicker and more confident on the ice than I am.

"Niall I'm going to fall..." I wince as I carefully go faster.

"No, you wo--" He doesn't finish his sentence and falls onto his butt. I laugh out loud and have to hold my stomach as he I watch Niall sit on the ice on his butt. He crosses his arms in front of his chest and tilts his head to the side, giving me a sad look.

"You-you...tripped." I point out the obvious and wipe a tear of laughter away. I skate over to him and reach my hand out for him.

"My butt hurts." He pulls his mouth corners down and all I can do is laugh even more. I just can't help it. Niall takes my hand and as I pull a bit, to help him up, he pulls me down onto him.

"You think you're sooooo funny." He rolls his eyes and wraps his arms around my waist as I'm still laughing.

"I am!" I exclaim and sit down on the ice next to him. Niall holds my hand and kisses my temple when he pulls me closer to him. "How did you find tonight?" I want to know.

Since we left, I ask myself what he thinks of my friends and if he heard what Aaron told me on the terrace. Since we left, I ask myself if I should worry. Since we left, something is different. Niall seems a bit taken back and I can't stand it. I want to see him happy, cheerful, smiling and even though he's laughing and smiling, something just seems not right to me. It's that feeling in me that tells me to confront him.

"It was fun. What we did before that was even more fun though." He winks and I roll my eyes at him. He chuckles. "Actually, it was really nice to meet them. The games were fun, the songs were fun. I love the fact that you sat on me and that we sang together and that we were the best mafia couple. I mean we're the best couple in general but we both know what we're bestest when it comes to being mafia couple." He rambles on.