THREE

enjoy, vote and comment please xx

It's way too early, I think when my phone starts to ring again. I tried to ignore it but now it's probably the 7th time. I rub my eyes open, put my glasses on and see that it isn't my alarm, but it's my mother calling instead. The woman who gave birth to me and raised me, always has to wake me up way too early, 5.40 to be specific. I could have slept 20 more minutes. She calls again and instead of muting my phone and going back to sleep for 19 minutes, I pick up - because I'm a good child. "Why are you ignoring my calls? Are you okay? Are you depressed again?" Mum immediately asks. Not even a 'good morning', or a simple 'hello' would have been enough.

"I was sleeping." I groan into my Niall pillow. "I'm not the twin that wakes up at 5.30, mum."

"Oh yeah, that's your brother. You wake up at 6, like your father." Mum says and I imagine her rolling her eyes. My family are early risers,except one is partying the night before. "How is London?" she asks.

"I don't know, I haven't had the chance to explore it yet." I explain. "I've been unpacking yesterday and I have work today and now I actually have to get ready so that I can go for a run and shower because I don't want to be smelly at work and then I have to have breakfast and maybe write on something."

"A simple 'I'm quite busy' would have been enough, Olive." mum says. She and Alison are the only people who are allowed to call me Olive.

Ethan and Dad were allowed, until they started calling me Olive Garden.

"I'm quite busy." I say.

"Busy...the 13 year old you who studied hard and was busy trying every instrument or the 16 year old you who was busy with boys?" She asks. My mother knows me well, a bit to well for my liking.

"Both. Busy with school and cute boys are here. I can get busy with one of them too and you'll finally have your grandchildren." I joke.

"Olivia Elisabeth Hemmings! It's not the time for grandchildren." Mum exclaims. She uses my seconds name which she never does except for serious topics. If I had told dad the joke he would have laughed. But mum doesn't understand any fun when it's about having children at an early age. "It's not good." She once said when I asked her why it's such a serious thing for her. "It's a mistake." She said.Fun fact, dad didn't use protection and got mum pregnant when she was18. Maybe that's why it didn't work out between them. My grandmother,mum's mum, would say, "Even if you don't love each other, you stay together because of the kids." Mum obviously ignored her advice.

"School first!" She exclaims.

"Yes mum." I roll my eyes. "I gotta go now. Love ya. Bye." I hangup. I take a deep breath and roll out of bed. In the bathroom, after the usual morning pee, brushing teeth and putting contacts in, I quickly put my hair into a high pony tail and get dressed. Black leggings and a loose white tank top over my white sport bra. Shoes on, earphones plugged into my phone, my apartment key in my phone case and off I go into the outdoors. I put my running playlist on shuffle and start to run. I don't really know where I'm running to but as long as I find back to the students accommodation,I'll be fine. And if I don't find back, I still have a phone and google maps.

As it gets later, more people start to show up on the streets. Some are also jogging, some are just walking but everyone looks at me. I notice how I'm the only girl running. I only saw boys and all of them had buff arms and the hair styled into a quiff.

When I get back to the students accommodation around 7am, it's a lot busier. Even though I thought that everyone would sleep in. I share the elevator with 3 men - all of them sweating. As soon as the doors open, I rush out to get fresh air. Inside my flat, I open up the windows before I take a shower. Then I get ready for the day.