Chapter 19: A Night To Remember

Magsimula sa umpisa

   I wished to be brave. To be the one to kiss him. To admit that I wanted him right now.

    But my cowardice wouldn't allow me such happiness. I felt a lonely tear roll down my cheek. I wiped it away before he could notice.

   We danced like this for so many songs I lost track.

   He held me near to him. There was barely anyone on the dancing floor.

   Lauren was dancing with her arms around Casey's neck, kissing each other furiously. I smiled at the two. They were perfect.

     Amy was being held in Wyatt's arms who was making her giggle as she held her arms over his shoulders, hands clasped together. They were so cute.

      Elaine and Tristan were laughing together and kissing softly. He kissed her nose and laughed.

    Cassi and my dad were like Adrian and I, their arms wrapped around each other, foreheads touching, eyes closed, occasionally kissing and smiling.

    I snuggled closer to Adrian, feeling his warm hands cup my waist.

      I purred and Adrian chuckled. "Are you a cat?" He asked rubbing my shoulder.

  "Well when you do that..." I smiled and he laughed.

  We stood there dancing for a long time. I loved being with him. I loved being in his arms. I might even love him.

    That was a scary thought. Loving someone always meant pain to me. But I knew Adrian would never hurt me. But I still felt a small panic spread through me.

    Adrian could somehow feel my stress and he squeezed me tighter, kissing my temple.

    I relaxed and continued to sway to the soft melody of the song.

  After a while, the guests had pretty much left the ball room.

    I held Adrian's hand and we looked around. The only people left were our parents.

   Amy and Wyatt were no where to be found.

   We walked to the elevators and headed to our room. I got out my room key. "Tonight was amazing." I told him hugging him. "Thank you." I kissed his cheek.

      I opened the door to my room only to find Wyatt and Amy making out on my bed with little to no clothing on. I gasped and they didn't even notice. Adrian peeked in and laughed.

    I closed the door, not wanting to see anymore of my friends almost having sex.

   "You can sleep in my room if you want." He opened the door.

    He threw his tux jacket on his bed. Wyatt's bed was covered in his clothes and various items.

   Adrian went to his suitcase. "Here you can borrow one of my t-shirts." He handed me the grey shirt.

   I shuffled towards the bathroom. "Thanks." I closed the door and removed my dress, slipping on the large t-shirt and taking of the tank top, keeping on the white under garment-shorts.