Chapter 15

"You really did it? God, you're insane!" Nicholas proclaimed as he shook his head. Andrew was pacing back and forth. Hany had already ran from the cabin. She was now sitting in the carriage.

"Damn it." Andrew mumbled underneath his breath.

"Your sister has been threatening me for the last few days. It wasn't until she told me that you kidnapped her cook that I realized that you had actually listened to me! The one time you listen to me and it's about kidnapping!"

Andrew sighed, rubbing his temples. "Take her back to London."

Nicholas raised a brow. "What about you?"

"The carriage will be here later on today. Besides I don't think it will be a good idea for me to be around her right now. She's more than angry with me."

Nicholas sighed, "Are you sure?"

Andrew waved him off.

"Take her back. I'll be fine."

  -----------------------------------------------

Andrew hadn't visited Jewel in weeks. He had made countless excuses when asked to attend family dinners. He just couldn't bring himself to be anywhere near Hany. The look on her face. It was stuck in his head like a bad thought that refused to go away. And it was his fault. He had put it there.

"You can't keep making up excuses, you know."

Andrew looked up, his eyes meeting his older brothers.

"Adam, I'm not in the mood for a lecture." He mumbled.

Adam smirked before moving toward him and plopping down onto the sofa beside him. He ruffled Andrew's hair, provoking a snarl from his lips. "Stop it! I'm not a child!" He snapped as he pushed his hair from his face.

Adam sighed before leaning comfortably against the sofa. "You're acting like one."

Andrew's jaw clenched. "What do you want?"

"I want to know why you're suddenly avoiding Jewel's place. You're avoiding it like the plaque. And don't try to deny it, I can tell."

"I'm...I'm not avoiding Jewel." Andrew said quietly.

"I know that. You've always found pleasure in irritating her, I know you're not afraid of her. And I know she's not the one you're avoiding." Adam stated. "She thinks you're angry at her or something. She looks for you every time we have dinner at her place."

Andrew stood, running his hands through his hair. He began to pace back and forth.

Adam suddenly laughed, "I don't believe it...who is she?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're in love. Sweet, Jesus...she must be a magician!" Adam exclaimed.

Andrew blushed crimson. He stopped pacing and covered his face with his hands. He felt like a child at the peak of adolescence. He missed her. He missed Hany. He missed holding her and kissing her. He missed the way she said his name in the mist of passion. He missed her laughter. God, he even missed the sound of her voice when she was reprimanding him.

"I'm not...in love." Andrew said as his voice broke.

"I recognize, "Adam said as he stood, "That look anywhere. I had the same look in my eyes when I realized how much of an idiot I was and that I loved someone who I didn't think I deserved."

Andrew stayed silent. Adam wrapped an arm around his younger brother, giving him a gentle squeeze.

"Cheer up, Drew. You're right, you're not a child anymore. You have to figure out if you're really ready for love and all it entails. Just don't dwell on it too long."

The sound of laughter suddenly cascaded into the room and in ran Adam's son, Leo. His eyes were a pale green and on his head was black, curly hair similar to his father's.

"Papa!" Leo squealed as he threw himself at Adam's legs.

Adam laughed, reaching down to pick up his three year old son. He kissed Leo's chubby cheeks and he giggled.

"Trust me, Drew. Love and happiness correspond. We're a lot alike you and I...sometimes I think we're too much alike. I did. lot of stupid things. Don't make the same mistakes as I did."

Andrew ran a hand through his hair again, "How did you know?"

Adam raised a brow, Leo squirmed in his arms and he placed a swift kiss on his forehead before putting him down. "How did I know what?"

"How did you know that you were in love with Dynasty? What was it that...that had you hooked?"

Leo danced around his father's legs before Adam stopped him. "Go to mommy," He mumbled to his son, "And tell your uncle bye."

Leo smiled, his pale green orbs sparkling. He ran over to Andrew and hugged his leg, "Bye-bye. I love you!" He giggled before running for the door on his little legs.

Andrew smiled at his nephew, "I love you too, Leo."

Adam crossed his arms over his chest, "It was simple really. You're over thinking it. Be truthful with yourself, Andrew. Do you miss her?"

"Yes."

"Do you think about her even when you try your damn hardest not to?"

"God, yes."

"Does it hurt here," He pointed to his Andrew's chest, "the longer you're away from her?"

Andrew stared down at the floor, a blush on his cheeks. He cleared his throat. "Yes..."

"Do you feel more and more like a teenager when it comes down to your feelings?"

Andrew's head shot up and he stared at his brother, dumbfounded. "How do you kno-," Adam cut him off, "Trust me, I've been through this is. I know what you're feeling. I still  feel the same way every day."

"This is torture...complete torture." Andrew mumbled.

Adam patted him on the back with a smirk on his face, "Then there you go. Stop avoiding whoever it is that has your heart, come over to Jewel's for dinner tonight, get your woman and stop sulking, you twit."

Adam ruffled his hair once more before leaving him alone to his thoughts. Andrew grit his teeth before groaning inwardly. This was all too much. He sank down onto the sofa and rested his face into his hands. He thought love was supposed to be a wonderful thing. But it hurt. His chest was aching in the worst way. He hadn't been with another woman since Hany and the thought of it had his stomach churning.

The woman was embedded in him and he couldn't possibly get her out. He sat in silence for a moment before sighing. He stood up and headed for the door. He didn't think he could continue to deal with this.

He would go to Jewel's.

He had to.

*Comment, like and share! The heart wants what the heart wants.*