12 - It's a mother and son day.

Kelly's P.O.V.

"Mom, is Gor - my father going to be back?" Cole asks me.

The news has affected Cole a lot because he's sleeping with me today, snuggled up next to me. Cole hasn't done that since two years ago.

I regret telling him that Gordon was his father. I knew Gordon should've waited for me to tell Cole the news without him there.

When Cole was ready to meet him, he should've stepped up.

"Probably," I shrug.

"Do you think I should get to know him?"

"Do what you think it's right, follow your heart," I say and touch his heart.

I wasn't going to pressure Cole on making a relationship with Gordon. Deep inside me I feel that Gordon will leave again and fear Cole will be crushed.

"Okay." He says and curls up closer to me and goes to sleep. I try to do the same but sleep never comes.

\\\\\\\\\\\\

"How about you and me spend the day together? Just like old time," I ask Cole.

"Why?" he eyes me suspiciously from the other side of the table.

"Don't you miss hanging out with me? You know, eating pizza and going ice skating," I say, stuffing a piece of pancake into my mouth.

"You want to do that today?"

"Sure," I shrug.

"I don't," he shakes his head and eats more of his breakfast.

"We could do whatever you want Cole." I laugh. "What do you want do, Cole?"

"I want to go ice skating and eat pizza,"

"You're so funny," I hiss at him.

We both finish eating and part our ways to get ready.

I put on a black shirt with some blue pants and some old sandals. I let my hair down and apply mascara. I will go nowhere without mascara.

I think it will do us both, Cole and me, good to go out together. It has been forever since we both just hang out outside in the world, and go to places with each other. Hopefully it would take our minds off things.

"Mom, I'm ready!" I hear Cole yell from the living room and the bell ringing. I finis getting ready and go out to the living room.

"Gordon!" I say, once I get to the living room and see Gordon standing in the front door.

"Hey, Kelly,"

"Cole, can you give us a minute?" Cole nods and leaves to his room.

"What are you doing?" I hiss at him and walk towards him.

"I was hoping we could spend some time together," he smiles sweetly at me.

"No! Cole and I are going out,"

"I could go with you,"

"It's a mother and son say, you should leave,"

"I want to hang out with Cole today!" he glares at me.

"Look, I'm going out tonight and Cole was going to stay with his friends but I could talk to Cole and ask him if he wants to stay with you. If he says no, then you won't be hanging out with him today,"

Gordon glares at me but nods.

"Now leave, I'll call you."

"You better," he says and then leaves. I close the door.