4 - Fun

"Nice place," Liam says once he enters the apartment and takes a look at it.

"Sorry, its no mansion," I bet he lives in one, he is stinking rich, he could afford to live in one.

My apartment was like any other normal apartment, it had 3 bedrooms, mine, Cole's, and a guest room. It had a pretty regular kitchen and a big living room. It was perfect for me and Cole.

"Its perfect," he smiles at me.

Too many smiles.

"Mom!!!" Cole rushes in from the front door with his arms stretched to give me a hug to probably make me buy him something because it's always like that, he will give me a hug when I would come from work and ask me to buy him something, which I would end up buying, but that's not the point here. Cole stops running and his arms fall to his sides once he sees Liam next to me.

"Liam," he says in a very serious voice once he's standing next to us.

"Hey, little kid," Liam says and shuffles Cole's hair.

Big mistake there, buddy.

Cole turns to look at me to give me an annoyed look.

"Mom, do I look like a little kid to you?" He asks me very seriously.

"No," I answer simply.

But in reality he does look like a little kid to me, he is just so cute.

"Would you mind telling that to your friend?"

I turn to face a very confused Liam and smiled. "He's not a little baby anymore Liam, he's a grown up," I tell him, trying really hard not to laugh.

"Um... Okay, sorry buddy," Liam apoligizes, frowning a little bit.

"Apology accepted," he says, taking Liam's hand and shaking it. "Now would you please come play with me with my cars, they need to be used!!" he yells, dragging Liam down the hall and into his room.

So much for being mature and a grown up...

I'm actually surprised Cole wants to play with Liam, Cole never plays with anyone, he doesn't let anyone but me touch his toys.

Now Cole inviting Liam to play was a whole new level, Cole doesn't even know Liam that much.

I follow them to Cole's room, Cole is seated down on the floor with Liam next to him, Cole had two cars, Liam has one. They seem to be doing some kind of competition with them.

Cole's room was really cute, two of the walls were painted blue and the other two were painted red, his bed in the center of the room, and he had two blue nightstands in each side of the bed, he also had a small closet and on one side of the room were his toys.

"What would you guys like to eat?" I ask them

"Burgers!" Cole shouts.

"You okay with that Liam?"

"I love burgers," he says.

"Who doesn't?" Cole replies, frowning.

I go out the room and into the kitchen, take out the frozen meat burgers from the freezer and start frying them, while they were frying I take out the lettuce, onions, tomatoes, ketchup, and everything a burger might need and into plate where they could easily get them.

30 minutes later everything was ready.

"The food is ready!" I shout so the boys could hear me.

Two seconds later the boys come running from Cole's room and sit down in the table.

I chuckle and take some parts of the food to the table.

"Here, let me help you," Liam says, standing to help me.

"Thank you,"

We all serve our food into our plates and start eating.

"So, how did it go today in school?" I ask Cole.

"Good,"

"Just good? You didn't get in trouble?"

"No?" He says frowning.

"Spill," Liam tells him.

''I think I found my cheerleader," Cole says dreamily.

"What do you mean?"

"I met this girl a while back--"

"And I didn't know this why?" I rudely interrupt Cole. He's supposed to tell me this kind of stuff, isn't he?

"Mom! Let me finish," I nodded and he continues, sighing. "So we started talking, she's my friend--"

"But you don't like girls," I again interrupt. When had he started liking girls?

"And today I smashed an egg on Mia's head, big deal,"

This kid.

"And the teacher gave me time out and I had to go to the corner, but the girl, her name is Lisa, managed to sneak out to see me and started talking to me, she was there for me, mom, I think I like her,"

But you're supposed to like Mia.

"You smashed an egg on Mia's egg?"

Cole shrugs.

"Why?" asks Liam.

"She was being annoying,"

"That is not an excuse!" I scold him.

The conversation dies down after that, I know I was going to have to talk to Lilly about this Cole and Mia situation, they have to stop fighting somehow, they have to be friends.

I remember one time when Lilly and I sat down and started fangirling about Cole and Mia marrying, we both knew that was never going to happen though, they hated each other, but there was still hope, because they cared for each other, that is how it worked.

But the pranking stuff has to stop. They are crossing the line already.

"Thanks for the food, Lilly, but I think I'm gonna go," Liam says, placing his plate on the sink.

"Okay," I feel slightly disappointed he was leaving.

"I'll see you tomorrow to pick you up," he kisses my cheek and goes to say his farewell to Cole.