Chapter 2: "Common"

After your first meeting with Sherlock you seem to get more and more bored with Watson. Currently he has been working on a case, meaning both of you had even less time to spend with each other. It was a very important case seeing as you rarely saw each other anymore. This annoyed the willing hell out of you. Deep inside you wanted to spend more time with that mysterious detective. But you also felt pity for Watson, for you were using him for entertainment and using him to catch another prey. 

After a good week and a half the bloody idiot finally texted you, 

"Hey, sorry for not being there lately. Want to come over and drink some tea? -JW"

That's all? A week without seeing each other and the best he can do is offer you TEA? Furious you deny to go. Yet when you were texting your response it came out as a;

"Yes I'd love to go."

You noticed this once you had already sent the text. What was wrong with you? You were offended by this, you didn't WANT to go. But deep inside you were cheering with joy, you were going to visit his flat... You were going to see Sherlock once more.

A few minutes later you found yourself running about your flat looking for jewels, shoes, and dresses. All of the sudden you didn't look good in anything. If you wanted a formal introduction you needed to look your best. Took you around an hour to get ready. You put on your best skirt, some high heeled boots, long sleeve shirt and a scarf to finish it off. You felt casual yet sensual and formal. Perfect.

Took you another half an hour to drive to 221 Baker Street. Excuse for being late: You got lost, sounded reasonable. You weren't going to confess that you spent hours thinking about someone and what they would think of you from what you were wearing. No, you had to lie, like a normal person. You knocked on the door and in no time a elderly woman appeared, opening the door for you. 

"Oh hello dear. You're here for Sherlock?"

"I Um.. I'm actually here for Watson, mind if I come in?" 

The lady nodded and led you in the building and up the stairs. Halfway through a violin began playing. 

You must of looked uneasy because the lady looked at you,puzzled. "Something wrong dear?" 

"N-No not at all. I've just... Haven't heard a violin play in a.. Very.. Long time." you explain, in reality the instrument had sent chills down your spine.

The woman nodded and finally you appeared on the door where the sound was emitting. 

You could already hear Watson's voice,complaining to Sherlock and telling him to be quite while his date was over. You blushed slightly over this but didn't let it bother you. You enter the room once the lady opens it for you and wave at the boys, who immediately turn to you once you were at sight. You smile at Watson and took a step inside. As your eyes slowly turned to Sherlock you could feel your chest ache and your stomach turn. This wasn't usual and certainly unpleasant. Sherlock seems to look at you up and down, which makes your face flush a bit more. You decide to ignore it and him so you go and sit down next to Watson on the couch. He immediately wraps his arm around your shoulders and kisses your forehead as a welcoming. Your face gladly doesn't change color at that but you could feel Sherlock's judging eyes upon you. 

"I'll go make the tea, love." Watson says as he stands up and turns to the kitchen. Leaving you and Sherlock to talk. 

He goes on and sits on the chair in front of the couch you're sitting at, leaving his violin at the feet of the chair. You look away trying to ignore him, looking at the books in the shelf, glancing over at Watson once in a while.

"Are you getting a cold?" 

You suddenly hear and turn to Sherlock, 

"Pardon?" 

"Are you getting a cold? Sick? Temperature?" 

"Uh... Not that I'm aware of... Why?" you tilt your head slightly, 

"Your face is changing into a bright red rather quickly, you'd want to get that checked." 

This makes you blush even more, you open your mouth to yell something at him but Watson quickly comes back with a tray and some tea, 

"Here it is." he says glaring at Sherlock once before turning to you and serving you some tea. 

"Thanks, John." You nod as you take the tea cup.

"John... John... John..." Sherlock says in a hushed voice as he leans back on his chair, "You never call him by a nickname... Just... John."

"That is his name, is it not?"

"But you being his, so called girlfriend, should and would call him by the names of 'love', 'honey' or even 'Johnny'. He does it to you. And it's a common thing in common couples." Sherlock says as he stares into your eyes.

"Well might I tell you that I am no common girl. Therefor I don't need to do common things, what would be the fun in that?" You say as you take a sip of your tea. Leaving Sherlock with nothing to add.