Chapter 56

Upon seeing Kiyoko's body, I remember our conversation and how painful her situation is. I really want to help her but I, too, am powerless right now. I can't even move my body because of the belts tied around me.

"You monster," mahina kong sabi nung tinransfer na nila ako sa experiment table. "How can you do that to a child?"

"You're not a child anymore," sabi naman ni Saeko at lalo ko siyang sinamaan ng tingin.

"I'm talking about Kiyoko!" I shouted and I immediately regret it. Bigla akong nahilo at ilang segundong nandilim ang paningin ko.

"You." Napatingin ako kay Saeko at naging seryoso na ang itsura niya. "How did you know her?"

Hindi ako sumagot. I just glared at her and wish that I could tear her face off.

"Ah. Maybe the recent operation triggered some forgotten memories from you, huh? Sabagay, bata ka pa nun at halos wala kang alaala matapos ang nangyari." Bigla naman siyang lumapit sa akin at tinutok ang daliri niya sa leeg ko. Nawalan ako ng hangin matapos niyang gawin 'yun at para bang sinasakal ako. "Rielle, what an ungrateful brat you are. I saved you from death using that child's blood." Tinanggal niya ang daliri niya mula sa leeg ko at doon lang ulit ako nakahinga nang maayos.

"But you killed her!" Pinigil ko ang luha ko dahil ayaw kong makita niya akong umiiyak. I won't allow anyone to see my tears anymore.

"So what? She's a Senshin."

"She's just a child!"

"You've killed hundreds of Senshins before," she said with a serious expression. "So don't make a fuss over a Senshin child that I accidentally killed. We're just the same."

Those words struck me like lightning. I suddenly remember all those missions involving Senshins and I have a clean record when it comes to them. I always kill them. I don't really have a right to say that to her face because I'm like her.

"Natauhan ka na ba? Mukhang tama nga si Reiko. Nagbago ka na. You're not the same Rielle I know. Those Senshins swayed your beliefs and feelings," sabi niya habang pineprepare ang kung anumang mga device at instruments sa tabi ko.

I bit my lip so hard that I tasted blood because of too much frustration. Saeko's right. How can I say that to her face if I also killed Senshins before?

"Instead of worrying about that dried up girl, you should focus more on your sister." Pagkasabi niya nun ay napalingon agad ako sa kanya.

"Why? What happened to Rin? Nasaan siya?"

"Here," sabay hatak niya sa cloth na nakaharang sa gilid ko at nakita ko si Rin.

Nakahiga lang siya at walang malay habang nababalot ng gasa ang kaliwa niyang mata. She looks paler than usual and she lost weight.

"Rin..." I called but she didn't wake up.

"She's been unconscious since the operation. Unlike you, it's her first time to undergo such a risky procedure."

"And you still let her proceed?" I said while gritting my teeth.

"It was her choice. She's been hellbent on getting stronger to surpass you but you failed her. You became so weak, Rielle."