New Team, Same Mission

The Fairy Tail team was finally chosen. I stood in the infirmary with everyone as the chosen team made their way back to the arena. Laxus, Gajeel, Natsu, Gray, and Erza all walked out with serious looks on their faces. They were ready to do whatever it took to destroy Sabertooth. I headed back to the Fairy Tail balcony and waited for the judges to announce the pairings for the battle segment. Today was a tag battle where each guild got to choose 2 of their members to fight.

"Match 1, Blue Pegasus vs Quatro Puppy!"

Ichiya and a blue rabbit walked out on to the field and were met by Bacchus and Rocker. No one, except Ichiya, knew the identity of the blue rabbit. The rabbit removed his mask as the battle started to reveal an exceed named Nichiya. Bacchus didn't pay much attention though, he charged Nichiya and knocked him out with one hit. Ichiya, now facing a 2 on 1 battle, immediately takes revenge for his fallen comrade and defeats Bacchus and Rocker with one blow.

"Match 2, Lamia Scale vs Mermaid Heel!"

Lyon and Yuka were selected for Lamia Scale. Their opponents were Millianna and Kagura. The battle began with Lyon and Yuka on the losing end against Millianna. Kagura just stood on the side and let Millianna fight by herself. Millianna was winning fro a while, but then Lyon got serious and beat her with his ice-make magic. However, Yuka was also quickly defeated by Kagura when Lyon wasn't looking. Now it was a 1 on 1 between Lyon and Kagura. Kagura ended the match with a deafening gravity strike and made Mermaid heel the clear winner. Now came the long awaited match.

"The 3rd and final match, Fairy Tail vs Sabertooth!"

I watched as Natsu and Gajeel walked toward Sting and Rogue. The four dragon slayers glared at each other. Then I received a transmission from my own guild.

If things get bad...we're stopping this fight. I won't take any chances.

Yes father.

I acknowledged and turned my attention back to the scene in front of me. No one knew what to expect, dragon slayers are just too unpredictable. I looked around at the other guilds. Everyone was fixated on the battle that was about to happen. Each guild had their own resolve, family vs pride, fairies vs sabers. The only thing that is going to decide the outcome of this match is their resolve and reason. Who was right and who was wrong? Everyone in Crocus was about to find out.