Chariots and Bets

It was the second day of the Grand Magic Games. Today's first challenge was called Chariots. Natsu and Gajeel volunteered without thinking, they were joined by Yuka of Lamia Scale, Ichiya of Blue Pegasus, Bacchus of Quatro Cerberus, Blacksnake of Raven Tail, Lislie of Mermaid Heel, and Sting of Sabertooth. The object of the game is to reach the goal without falling off the linked chariots that are constantly moving. We all watched the Lacrima-trons as each competitor raced toward the finish. Well, everyone except Sting, Natsu, and Gajeel. Those three were at the back of the pack and not moving at all. Everyone in Fairy Tail knew Natsu gets motion sick easily, and the thunder legion knows that Laxus also gets motion sick. Its a weakness to all dragon slayers. Blacksnake quickly took the lead as he was follolwdd closely by Ichiya, Yuka, and Lislie. Bacchus lagged behind the group due to his hangover, but he was still further than the three dragon slayers were. Yuka, Lislie, and Ichiya were neck and neck as they tried to outdo each other with their magic. Bacchus suddenly released a giant magic attack and destroyed most of the chariots. Bacchus made a quick comeback and ran past Blacksnake to take first place in the challenge. The order for finishing was Bacchus, Blacksnake, Lislie, Yuka, and Ichiya. Natsu and the others were still on the chariots fighting for 6th, 7th, and 8th place. After a painful performance and an inspiring speech by Natsu, Fairy Tail A managed to finish in 6th place and Fairy Tail B finished in 7th place. Sting finished in 8th place and scored zero points.

"Wow...they're amazing."

"I think I'm gonna start rooting for Fairy Tail."

"They've got determination."

I listened to the crowd as they gained a new found respect for Fairy Tail. Many audience members were moved to tears and began cheering and chanting for Fairy Tail. I looked up to see the points displayed on a screen.

1st Raven Tail 26p

2nd Sabertooth 20p

2nd Lamia Scale 20p

4th Blue Pegasus 17p

5th Quatro Cerberus 12p

6th Mermaid Heel 9p

7th Fairy Tail B 2p

7th Fairy Tail A 2p

Now it was time for Fairy Tail's comeback. The battle segment started and the first match is Blacksnake vs Toby. The gong rang and Toby struck first with his poison claws. However, Blacksnake was incredibly nimble and flexible. He dodged Toby's attacks without much effort. Blacksnake quickly disappeared into a puff of sand. It didn't take me long to realize he used the same magic I did.

"Mimic magic..."

"Thats my magic!"

Max yelled out as everyone watched Blacksnake gain the upper hand. Fairy Tail cheered for Toby as he launched his counterattack. The two wizards suddenly made a deal with each other, if Blacksnake wins then he tells Toby his real name, if Toby wins the he has to reveal his super-special secret. Blacksnake suddenly got serious and beat Toby without breaking a sweat.

"So...what's your super-special secret?"

"I-I can't find my other sock!"

Everyone felt pity and regret when they heard Toby's secret. Blacksnake pointed out that his sock was hanging around his neck. Toby broke into tears and began to thank Blacksnake, but Blacksnake unexpectedly tore up the sock, traumatizing Toby. Blacksnake and Raven Tail laughed at the sad sight. I stood in protest and was ready to show Blacksnake a piece of my mind.

"I'm gonna destroy that guy! That guys uses the same magic as me and he thinks he can get away with this!"

My anger was cut short by a nauseating feeling. I sat back down in my chair and tried to relax as the next match began.

"Bacchus of Quatro Cerberus vs Elfman of Fairy Tail A!"

"Elfman!"

"Oh no!"

Elfman and Bacchus both entered the arena. Before they started fighting, Bacchus made a bet with Elfman, if he wins he gets Elfman's sisters all to himself. Elfman didn't agree but he also didn't refuse as they began to fight. Their fight went on with Elfman at a serious disadvantage. Bacchus began to brag about what he was going to do when he won and Elfman became furious.

"...if I win...your guild has to go by the name Quatro puppies for the rest of the tournament."

Bacchus agreed and drank a sip of his alcohol. According to Erza, this us when Bacchus gets serious about fighting, but Elfman was serious too. Bacchus released his drunken chop-hanging palm and Elfman used another Takeover spell. Everyone expected Bacchus to win right then and there, but Elfman's takeover was the ultimate defense. Elfman used the Takeover known as Lizardman, who's body was covered in tough scales. Even bacchus's hands were injured from trying to attack such a tough defense. Bacchus and Elfman's match went on and on as Bacchus constantly attacked Elfman. Bacchus and Elfma eventually ran out of magic power and both wizards sat across of each other on the ground breathing hard.

"Haha...you fought well. My soul's all stirred up...your soul will always be wild..."

"FOUR!"

Bacchus's guild cheered as they thought they won, but Bacchus suddenly collapsed and Elfman was declared the winner.

"Haha. Hey Bix, they're the Quatro Puppies now! What a cute name!"

I laughed hysterically as Fairy Tail cheered for their first victory.

"Ahem...the next match will be...Mirajane from Fairy Tail B vs Jenny from Blue Pegasus!"