Chapter 7: My Own Dormitory

Disclaimer: everything besides Pearlina and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

Vote and comment.

-------------------------------------------

{What?!}

I could hear everyone talking. I was getting worried. Tears were filling my eyes that one of the tears fell down to me cheek. I really didn't know what to do or act. I looked over at the professor. She looked very concerned about me and took the hat off my head. She looked behind me at Professor Dumbledore.

"Miss Pearlina Wideacre seemed to be one of the rare cases. In fact, she is the third person to not be sorted into a house in the history of Hogwarts. Therefore, she will be arranged to have her own dormitory and will be allowed access to Professor McGonagall, Professor Snape, and I for guidance," he said to everyone.

Tears kept falling down. I tried to wipe them away. Professor McGonagall helped off the stool and walked over to the teacher's table. A chair was set between Professor Mcgonagall and Professor Dumbledore.

I sat down in the seat. Professor McGonagall gave me tissue to wipe my tears. I wiped my tears and looked at Ron and Harry. They looked concerned for me. I gave them a small smile to let them know that I was okay.

I turned my head to see Draco. He was concerned too. Professor McGonagall took the spoon and tapped her glass.

ping..ping..ping...

"Your attention please," she said to everyone. Everyone gave attention to the front. Professor Dumbledore stood up from his seat. "Let the feast begin," he announced to everyone. Magically, the food appeared in front of us.

There was corn on the cob, chicken, dinner rolls, turkey, grapes, apple, rack of lamb, potatoes, and so much more. I looked up to see Ron showing down on his food. Harry looked curious about something.

I took some corn, chicken, roasted potatoes, and other vegetables. I was eating my food politely. I looked up to see ghosts floating above me. {That's right. Each house has their own ghost.} My father told me about the ghosts in Hogwarts.

The ghosts served as a representatives to their house. Also, they served as messengers and guides to everyone at Hogwarts. Of course, there were many other ghosts in the castle but, four ghosts were very important.

For dessert, I ate some grapes. After dinner, I watched everyone leave for their dormitories. I looked up at Professor Dumbledore. "Follow me," he told me. I followed him through a hallway and up some stairs.

Professor McGonagall followed behind us. It wasn't really a long walk. Soon, we were in front of a small fountain against the wall. I looked closely to see small glasses. Each glass was filled with different amounts of water.

Professor Dumbledore looked down at me. "To enter this room, you will need to create a melody. The melody will be your password," he explained to me. I watched Dumbledore who took his wand out and tapped on the different glasses.

After tapping on the glass, I watched the wall open up into a doorway and a path. {Wow.} When the wall opened up, We walked inside to see the dormitory. The dormitory was pretty big. I saw a bed, in the far side of the room, a fireplace, furniture, and a few other things. A bathroom was attached of course.

The color was dull though. I looked up to see two seals above the fireplace. One looked like a wolf with a grey shield while the other looked like a stag with a purple shield. I looked at Dumbledore for an explanation. "You will have the opportunity to customize your dormitory.

"Really?" I said in surprise. He looked up at the seals. "The two that you see up there belonged to those who didn't get sorted. They customized their room that involved the color and a mascot," he told me.

He looked at me. "Now what color and mascot do you wish to be known?" he asked me. I didn't think about it much. I thought really hard about what I want for a seal. "I would like a dolphin and Celeste blue," I said to him.

Professor Dumbledore took his wand out and use his magic to create the seal above the fireplace. Soon, he changed the whole room. It had a ocean feel to it. The bed was almost shaped like a clam with flowing light drapes around it.

"I have something else to show you," he told me. I gave him a nod. He led me to a door with stairs. I followed Professor Dumbledore down the stairs. Soon, we appeared down to a big swimming pool. {A swimming pool?} I looked at Dumbledore for an explanation.

"Professor McGonagall and I are well aware by your mermaid side Miss Wideacre," he said to me. "Really," I said to him. I didn't think that he would know. He gave me a nod. "Your father told me everything," he said to me. "Oh," I said to him.

"This would give you the chance to swim with your tail if you wish," he told me. "Thank you," I said to him. He gave me a smile. "We'll leave you to rest," he told me. I gave him a nod. "I'll see you for your first class," Professor McGonagall told me.

"Okay," he told me. I watched them walk up the stairs.I looked at the pool. It was very deep. The ceiling was a window. {That will give me good light on a sunny day.} I was getting very sleepy. I decided to go to bed.

I washed up in the bathroom and got under the covers. The covers were very soft. Soon, I drifted off into a deep sleep.

Next day....

I woke up from my alarm. I turned the alarm off and got ready for my first day of school. I looked at my uniform to see that the color has changed. My seal was sown into the robes. I actually liked the seal.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I did my hair. I put my hair in a braid and let it hang over one of my shoulders. I tucked my necklace under my shirt and hid my bracelet in my sleeves. "That should do it," I said to myself in a positive mood.

After getting dressed for the day, I walked over to my table to see my timetable. I had classes mostly with the Gryffindors and Slytherins. {Great.} I was happy to know that I would have the same classes as Harry and Ron.

I filled my bag with the books that I needed for the day and walked out of the room for breakfast. Students were making their way to the Great Hall for breakfast. I followed the older students to the Great Hall.

Once inside, I didn't see Harry or Ron at the Gryffindor table. {Did they oversleep?} I continued my way up to the teacher's table. I turned my head to the Slytherin's table to see him there. Draco was talking with his friends.

I sat in my seat and got myself a pieces of toast, scramble eggs, fruit salad, and a glass of milk. As I ate my fruit salad, I felt a pair of eyes on me. It made me shiver to the bones. {Who's looking at me?} I looked up to see Draco who was looking at me.

{What is going on in his head?}

------------------------------------

Hi Everyone!

I posted the prologue of the story. The prologue is from the first shifting story: Shifting into Sorcerer's Stone.

The stories are a bit longer as I put more detail in them. Also, the shifting series was my first attempts at making stories.

The story is called:

Shifting into Magic

The original series will remain up in my  channel so you can compare.

Leave your comment and vote there.