Prologue

Hi everyone!

This is an upcoming new story. I thought about this one a few days ago. This is a preview. Official date for posting the actual story is not known yet. I'll let you know very soon

Comment and vote.

Happy reading.

--------------------------------------------

Clarissa's Pov....

{I need to get to him.}

I was swimming to Dorset, England to find Nathan who was a wizard from a powerful pureblood family. We met one day on a beach that his family owned. The beach was in their back yard. He was a teenager at the time.

One day, I was on the beach sunbathing on a rock when I heard footsteps coming towards me. I looked up to see him approach me. I panicked and quickly got myself into the water. I swam away from the beach in fear.

After getting far enough, I turned around to see that he looked very sad. I remembered his face. My heart pounded inside my chest. I couldn't believe that I was in love with a wizard. A mermaid in love with a wizard. That's right....I was a mermaid. I was Princess Clarissa of the merpeople. I lived in the warm waters off of Southern California.

My family were the royalty of all merpeople across the world. I occasionally swam to different parts of the world to meet with other merfolks. Also, it was a way for me to relax from my royal duties as a princess.

Anyways, every week, I made my trip to Dorset to see the boy on the sand. He would look at the ocean waiting for something. He would sit there for hours. Sometimes, I saw him reading on the beach.

One day, I was on a rock near the beach. I was singing when I heard him approach. I turned my head to see him. He was very happy in his eyes. I was about to jump off but, I decided  not to jump.

Once he got close enough, he gave me a smile. "Hi." he said to me. I gave him a smile in return. He seemed really nice. I didn't move away. "I know that you can't talk out of the water so you don't have to try," he told me.

{That's very nice of you.} "Your singing voice is very beautiful," he commented to me. I felt myself blush a bit. "Thank you," I said in a low voice. His eyes widen a bit. "You can speak well out of water?" he asked me. I gave him a small nod.

His smile grew wider. "You have a beautiful voice," he commented again. "Thank you," I said to him again. "What's your name?" he asked me. "My name is Clarissa. I'm princess of the merpeople," I introduce myself.

He walked more towards me until he was right below me. He gave out his hand. I was hesitant. Slowly and hesitantly, I reach slowly to his hand until our fingers touched each other. His skin was soft.

It was a start of a friendship. I made the long trip every couple weeks in the summer since he had to go to school in Hogwarts. In the summer, we would talk for long hours learning about each other's world.

Over time, our feelings for each other grew into love. He was my soulmate and true love. It was forbidden love but, we didn't care. One day, he proposed to me. I had wondered how it would be possible for us to be together. I heard that his parents refused the match. I told my parents who weren't too sure about the whole thing especially since I was an only child and heir to the throne.

Eventually, my father married us in secret. Our marriage would be legal in my world. In the wizard world, nobody would approve the match. Nathan's parents arranged a marriage between him and a young pureblood witch. He told me everything. I was very upset but, I understood everything.

A year later, I gave birth to a little girl. Her name was Pearlina Lauren Wideacre. When I told Nathan about my pregnancy, he was so happy and excited. When I gave birth, my daughter was a blessing but, it came with a price.

She was born with two legs. Nobody but the royal family knew about my interaction with a wizard. If merpeople found out, my daughter would probably become in danger. Plus, I would be taking the throne in a few days. It would have made things more difficult. I had to make a difficult decision.

It brings me to now. After a few hours, I made my way to the surface. I looked at the beach to see Nathan waiting for me. "Nathan!" I called out to him. He turned his head to see me with a smile on his face. He ran into the water and I swam towards him.

Once we met, I showed him our daughter. He gently touched her cheek. "She's gorgeous," he said to me. He was in aw and breathless. "Nathan. I need you to do something for me. It's important," I said to him. He looked up at me with concern. "What's wrong?" he asked me.

I looked down at our daughter who was sleeping in my arms. "I need you to raise her here in the wizard world," I said to him. His eyes widen. "Why?" he asked me. "If the merpeople knew about her, her life may become in danger. I can't take that chance. Also, I wouldn't be able to raise her when I'm queen," I explained to him.

He was speechless. "So.....Is this going to be... the last time...that I see you?" he struggled to ask. I gave him a nod. He looked back at our daughter. "So...will you raise her?" I asked him. He looked at me and gave me a nod.

I gently placed Pearlina in his arms. He gently kissed her forehead. "What's her name?" he asked me. "Her name is Pearlina Lauren Wideacre," I told him. He looked up and gave me a nod. I took my shell necklace that was embedded with a pearl off my neck.

I placed the necklace around her neck. It was infused with my powers to protect her. I gently kissed her forehead. "Be safe Pearlina. Mother loves you," I whispered to her. Nathan looked at me and gave me my last passionate kiss.

"I love you," he told me. "I love you too and I'm so sorry," I told him. I turned around and swam away. I hoped that my daughter grow up knowing that I would always love her and do anything to protect her. Even if I had to miss her childhood.

I hope in the future, I would be able to see her again.

----------------

Comment if you like to read the story.

First chapter preview will be up soon.