Chapter 16

"Hello?" I answered the phone

"Dyl, what the hell? You were supposed to pick me up at 6:30? It's 7!"

"Oh, shit, Aspen I'm so sorry! It was a long night last night and-"

"I boned her!!" Jesse put his arm around me, his shirt off and his hair messy.

"Jesse!" I began to laugh. He's so adorable.

"Just come get me, I can't be late to class!"

"See ya in 15 A." I hung up.

I climbed out of bed and ran to my room to get dressed. Poor Aspen. She depended on me and I totally let her down. I have to fix this.

"Whoa, baby, what's the rush?" Jesse came in my room. Man did he look good in his boxers.

"We overslept! I've picked up Aspen for school everyday since sophomore year." I grabbed beige skinny pants and a maroon tank top.

Jesse came over to me and kissed my neck. Oh how badly I wanted to give in.

"Baby, I can't right now, you have to get ready too!" I pushed him a little bit.

"Here, yo, lemme help you." He lifted up my white pj shirt and touched my goosebumps. He helped me slide on my pants and pulled on my shirt.

When he finished he hugged me and kissed the top of my head. "Good girl, all dressed. Go putcha makeup on, suga I'll get the car started."

I ran to the bathroom and hopped in my car, waiting for Jesse. He came out a few seconds later wearing a t shirt, an oversized blue hoodie and jeans.

We picked up Aspen, but I practically got a speeding ticket. It was 7:24 and school started at 7:45.

"You guys are so adorably nasty." Aspen told us as we got out of my car.

"What do you mean?" I laughed at her comment. I fixed my purse on my shoulder and held my textbooks in my left hand.

"You were late to pick me up because of all that crazy kinky sex y'all were havin."

Jesse erupted into laughter. "Aspen holy shit!" He couldn't stop laughing which of course made me laugh too. Everyone in the halls was looking at us.

"What's so funny, Pinkman?"

I knew that voice as soon as it polluted the air.

"Stiles, fuck off." Aspen told him.

Stiles walked up to us, two of his football friends behind him.

"I'd watch what you say around me, sweetheart." He turned his attention to me.

"See you in chem good lookin'." He winked and walked away, his friends snickering and laughing.

Jesse looked angry. "I swear to God, it's like he's begging me to kick his ass."

I rubbed his shoulder. "Don't worry about it, he can talk all he wants, he won't ever get me."

We waved goodbye to Aspen before walking into Mr. White's class.

"Jesse Pinkman! Just the student I was looking for. I need to talk to you in private." Mr White said, sitting behind his desk.

They walked out into the hallway and I followed. "Dylan, this doesn't involve you, go to you seat." Mr White tried to shoo me away.

"If this is about what I think it is, it most certainly does involve me. Whatever you need Jesse for, I'm hearing about it."

Jesse looked at Mr White and laughed. "My girlfriend told you, yo."

Mr White just looked annoyed. "This is serious. Hank is onto us and he's about this close to tracking down who Heisenberg is. He has some leads on Fring that we need to destroy."

Jesse's eyebrows were all squinty. That's the face he made when he was serious and talking business. It was adorable.

"So what are you suggesting, yo? We kill Hank?"

Mr White looked around, double checking that no one could hear him.

"No, Jesse, not my brother in law. Fring."

Jesse was shocked and his face lost color. "I don't know if you remember who Gus Fring is, Mista White, but he's not to me fucked with. Don't you remember the whole box cutter thing with Victor? I mean did that give you a clue to what would happen to us if we tried to touch him?"

"Yes, I realize that it's a risk, but is a risk we have to take."

"Maybe I don't want to take that risk! Ya know, I like living. I don't want to die, yo!" Jesse looked worried, so I got worried.

"Yeah, Mr. White, maybe find another way to resolve this that doesn't involve murder?" I suggested.

"Either we kill Fring or Fring kills us."

"Why would he kill you? I thought he liked you guys?" I was really concerned.

"When we left Gus we still didn't tell him about Hank being a DEA agent. If Hank talks to Gus and he figures out that we didn't tell him, we're dead. Plus he wants to slit our throats anyways for leaving him. Once you sign his contract, it's practically a life sentence, so that fact we got out and survived is amazing."

Jesus Christ this was a lot to handle before 1st period.

"So, the answer is clear. We have to kill Gus. It's the only way, Jesse, you know that." Mr White looked at Jesse and you could tell he was counting on him.

"I mean, you're right. But, that's gonna be hella hard, yo. How do we kill a guy who's already 6 steps ahead of us?"

"We'll work on it. I just have to keep Skylar from finding out. We're cooking tonight, Jesse be on time."

Jesse shook his head and we walked back into the classroom.

As I took my seat I held his hand. "You're going to be alright, right?"

"Probably. But I'm an experienced meth cookin criminal, yo, I'll find a way." He stuck his tongue out at me and reaches into his backpack to get out his notes.

Jesse was really calm about this. I mean, they were talking about murdering a guy so nonchalantly. I guess they're used to this.

I sure wasn't.

But they're in trouble and I need to help. Time to look up who Gus Fring is and how to kill him.

{Shorter chapter, but yay i updated!! Things are heating up in ABQ. I'm going to do my best to stick to the story line of Breaking Bad just so you know. I'm super excited (: keep sharing and rating and commenting. It really means the world when I see you guys enjoying this story as much as I am. Xoxo ~ Caroline}