Chapter 7

I sat Jesse down on the picnic table in the quad.

His face was so bruised but he had his hands on his face so I couldn't see him too well.

"Jesse, I know it hurts, but you have to talk to me. Not bullshit. What happened back there?" I patted his back but he jerked around.

"Fuck! Would you leave me alone!" He yelled at me.

He stood up from the table. "I don't need some stuck up little rich girl telling me what to do. I can take care of myself." He rubbed his lip. It was swelling.

I looked up at him.

"I won't be treated this way Jesse. You have to realize that I'm trying to care for you. Just sit down."

His eyes weren't kind anymore. They were filling with anger.

"Don't you tell me to sit down, Dylan. Why the hell, would you go out with a dick like that?!" He screamed backing up.

His accent was so thick. I didn't know whether to be mad at him or to kiss him. He was so unbelievably screwed up in the most beautiful ways. He was sweet but he was angry. He'll give you roses but won't cut off the thorns.

It was in that moment that I knew I had to have him.

I wanted to be with him.

Really.

I liked him.

He was the perfect blend of bad boy and kind. I needed him to trust me.

"Let's get food." I blurted out.

What the heck.

Did I just say that?

Jesse turned around and had the most confused face. He looked like he just struck gold but realized it was fake.

"What the hell are you tawkin about?"

"Let's go eat. We'll discuss this over food." I got my purse and started walking for his car. I didn't have to look back to know he was following me.

"Yo, sweetheart, I don't know what the hell is going through your mind but you ain't layin a hand on my car." He told me.

I unlocked his car with his keys. He looked at me.

"They came out of your pocket when you were fighting, dummy." I winked and got in the drivers seat.

He just stood there shocked. I had him.

I drove us to my house.

There was no way I was going out to fast food, I would just make him something.

"Where are we, Dyl?" Jesse's voice was serene now, it hit my ears like a lullaby.

"My place." I got out of the car and tossed him his keys. "You should recognize it from this morning." I laughed. He gulped. "Uh, yeah, well I wasnt really paying attention to the house..." He rubbed the back of his neck.

So.

Frickin.

Sexy.

"I was payin attention to you."

I looked back at him as I opened my door.

I blushed.

"Come on in, Pinkman." I giggled. He shut the door as I went into the kitchen. He slowly walked inside. "Wow." He gazed at my house.

I mean okay it was a huge house, but Jesse was making it a huge deal. It's not a mansion, I mean Jesus. "Nice bricks."

He walked into the kitchen and sat down at the island. "Dyl, what are we doin here?" He asked.