"What!? Why would I do that!?" He exclaimed, making Adam cringe. "Eh, s-sorry, u-uh..." He frowned, then cautiously asked, "Wh-what's-what's your name? I'm Ty."

"A- er, Sk-Sky," he stammered, not wanting the human to know his real name just yet.

"Well, nice to-nice to meet you Sky." After a pause of silence, Adam fidgeted in the awkward moment. Then Ty quietly piped up.

"So... Uh, what-what exactly are you?"

"I-I'm a fairy," Adam mumbled. Then he quietly asked, "How-how long have I been out?"

"About two days," Ty got up and sat down on the strange nest, which Adam wriggled around to look at. The human followed the curious fairy's gaze, and Adam hesitantly nodded at it.

"What's that?"

"It's a bed." Ty's tone included slight confusion. "Have you never been indoors?"

"Nope!" Adam chirped, flying out of Ty's arms and making him jump in surprise. Adam paid no heed to him as he hovered over a rectangular boxy object that was black with silver lining.

"What's this?" He asked eagerly.

"Ah, that's my computer," Ty groaned, sitting up and scratching the back of his head. Quivering in excitement, Adam started zipping around the room, asking what each unfamiliar object was.

"What about this?"

"That's a clock..."

"And-and this?"

"That's a poster."

"Ooh, what about this?"

"A comic book- S-Sky can you calm-"

"And-"

"Sky!" The fairy stopped mid-flight as Ty sighed, looking overwhelmed as Adam smiled sheepishly at him.

"Sorry," he said in a small voice. "It's just I was never allowed outside of the forest, so this is all new to me."

"The forest?" Ty echoed. "That's where you came from?" Adam nodded, fluttering down to land on the bed, beside the human.

"Yeah, our leader's really strict." Adam immediately hit himself mentally for revealing that there were more of his kind, but he was relieved that that wasn't what Ty questioned.

"Leader? You have a leader?" Adam nodded.

"Yup! He's really strict though," he repeated, sighing heatedly. "He's always on my wings, telling me what to do and giving me all these dumb rules! That's why I flew away!"

"Wait whoa whoa," Ty quickly interrupted, waving his hands in front of him. "You-you ran away from home just because of some rules?" Adam ducked his head a little at the surprisingly stern tone.

"Welll... Yeah...?" He squeaked. Ty chuckled and shook his head, smiling a little.

"Well everyone's gotta live by some kind of rules," he pointed out.

"Yeah but not one's that limit you!" Adam protested. "He forbids me from flying past the pond, which is hardly a few tree lengths away!" Ty seemed confused until he realized that Adam was talking about meters, in other words.

"Uh, well it... depends..." He said awkwardly as the fairy rambled on.

"He's always got someone watching me, he's always waiting for me to come home just so he can scold me and-and-"

"Well," Ty gently interrupted. "It sounds kinda like he cares about you." Adam scoffed.

"Oh puh-lease! He hates me! He can't stand me! Sure, I look up to him but he just-he-" Adam broke off with a growl, falling silent as he realized how much he had confessed to his giant acquaintance. He hadn't even told Jason and Seto that much. He let out a small nervous chuckle, folding his arms over his chest sheepishly as Ty blinked once or twice.

"Uh..." Was all he quietly uttered. Adam sighed, looking sad for a moment before perking up.

"... So what kind of food do humans eat, I'm hungry!" He interjected, glancing hopefully at Ty. The human grinned before placing his hand down flat in front of Adam.

"Well for one thing, definitely no fairies," he asserted, blinking in surprise when Adam ignored his hand and instead swooped up to perch on his shoulder. Then he smiled before getting up and walking out of the room to the one where he had first seen Adam. "And there's actually a lot of things to eat here... What do fairies usually eat?"

"Nectar and fruit," Adam chirped, rocketing off of his perch to land on top of a large silver box that was taller than the human. "Sometimes honey if we're lucky." He then frowned curiously at the furniture he was on. "What is this thing?"

"It's a fridge," Ty briefly replied before opening it and rummaging through the ledges in it. Fascinated, Adam leaned over and hung upside down, only to shiver and lose his balance.

"Eep! That's cold!" He chattered, zipping away to land on the human's head, making Ty tilt his chin up in surprise.

"Eh..." Then he lightly shook his head to himself before grabbing something out of the fridge and closing it, leaving Adam to enjoy the view from high up without flying. Plus, the human's hair was soft and silky. He found himself lying down in it a while later, writhing happily in it into a tangled mess before Ty finally came to the rescue and teased him out of his hair.

"How do you do that?" He asked as Adam summoned his wings back. He fluttered them, tickling Ty's hand and making him giggle a little.

"You mean that?" He joked innocently, then laughed and corrected himself. "Oh the other thing. Our wings are made of magic, so we can use that to have them out or hidden."

"Magic? Can you use magic?"

"No..." Adam sighed sadly.

"Good, I don't wanna be turned into a toad!" Ty laughed, making Adam laugh as well.

"Well no, that's not what we use magic for!" Adam giggled. "Besides, it's a rare gift, only one fairy has it, and he wouldn't hurt you..." He paused in hesitation before adding, "Well as long as you don't hurt me..." Ty smiled and gently ruffled the little fairy's hair.

"Never," he assured him, making Adam titter.

"No I didn't mean it like that-" Then he interrupted himself with, "--but I'm glad--" and hugged Ty's index before continuing, "I meant that Seto's one of my friends and he's the mature one, so he'd be pretty protective."

"Seto... that's a cool name," Ty complimented. Adam nodded as the human continued. "And it sounds like you really like it there." Adam pouted a little.

"Well... not really," he sighed. "Mitch and Jerome-- those are two other fairies-- they'd always pick on me and make fun of me for not knowing my parents." Ty's eyes softened in sympathy.

"Oh..." He said quietly. Then glanced at what he had pulled out of the fridge before interjecting, "Hey, wanna see how to cook a chicken?"