Chapter 27: An Uchiha is Born [Naruto]

Rin

I walked slowly to the boarder of the hidden mist village. My bangs stuck to my face from the humidity in the air. It’s been about a year. Yeah a full year. I’m now seven years old and by now I had learned that I couldn’t stay in a single village too long. It was too great a risk of being caught by the leaf. Now it didn’t matter as much, the only person I’ve seen around still searching is Suki. Other than her almost everyone else believed the rumours, that I was dead. That I had run into Itachi and he killed me on the spot. The truth? We’ll obviously I was still alive, but I hadn’t even heard or gotten close to finding Itachi. So instead I was preparing for when I eventually did run into him. It’s why I was in the mist. Though I had heard that a leaf anbu had been hanging around, most likely Suki and now I had to leave. I stopped for a moment when I heard a rustle in the trees. I pulled my hood farther to cover my face as I activated my sharingan.

“You know you’re pretty noisy for a ninja! Mine as well come out now!” I shouted. The area around me was still. I turned on my heel and drew my katana blocking another. The clash of metal rang in the area. I pushed against him and he jumped back a few feet away. I held my katana in front of me ready for anything until I finally met his gaze.

“Itachi…” I breathed. His eyes were cold and empty, like the life had been sucked out him. His sharingan eyes watched me and I smirked slightly beneath my hood as I slid my katana back in its sheath.

“If you believe you can defeat in hand to hand combat you are sorely mistaken”

“I have no intention of fighting you at all Itachi Uchiha.” I noticed him falter slightly.

“How do you know my name?” I laughed slightly as I raised my hands to hood.

“Because I’m your baby sister”

Itachi

I stood slightly frozen and in shock as the ninja, or who I thought was a ninja pulled back there hood. Her bangs fell forward and now reached the length past her cheeks. As she flipped out her hair I could see that it was a little past her waist. A smirk on her face and as I met her gaze I found full sharingan eyes staring back at me.

“Rin…” I said a little more affectionately than I had wanted. She rested her hand on the hilt of her Katana as she watched me.

“Long time no see big brother”

“You’re not in the leaf”

“How very observant you” I sighed lightly. I could see the changes in her. In just the way she stood and spoke. She had confidence, she knew her strength but the distance and watchful eye meant she also knew her opponent. She knew she couldn’t defeat me.

“Is Sasuke…” She shook her head.

“No, he doesn’t even know I’m alive. I guess I’m a rouge or missing ninja or whatever but most people now think you killed me already and only Suki hasn’t given up the search.” I nodded slightly.

“Why are you here? You’re not the type to attack or kill without reason”

“I’m looking for Zabuza’s apprentice.” She smirked again.

“We’ll you’re looking at her. Though he probably won’t appreciate me leaving but there’s been word that a leaf Anbu has been seen snooping around.” She was smart, she knew she couldn’t linger for too long otherwise they would catch on to her. She didn’t want to be found. I turned away from her then and began walking away pausing for only a moment to look back at her. Her eyes still watching me but she didn’t move.

“We’ll are you coming?” She stared at me a moment longer and for a brief moment I thought she might attack but I knew Rin better. I couldn’t see the hatred that Sasuke had in his eyes, in Rin’s eyes I only saw pity, hurt and sorrow. I had robbed her of her childhood, she has been forced to grow up fast and I also knew that it wasn’t fair but as she ran towards me and began walking at my side I knew she would be okay.