Chapter 1: An Uchiha is Born [Naruto]

***

Authors Note: 

Rin is a newborn - 13/14 through this scroll (Please read the FAQ in Sneak Peeks and Bonuses for the explanation)

***

Itachi

It had been unexpected. Unplanned. Yet here we were; my father, Sasuke and I. Waiting, anticipating and anxiously staring at the large white doors. Behind them was my mother, already three hours into labour. The rest of the clan, probably at the compound, was holding their breaths waiting just as nervous as we were.

"Excuse me, Fugaku, Mr.Uchiha sir?" My father rose quickly from the bench as the nurse stepped from the door.

"Well?" The nurse looked up to him a smile on her face.

"Congratulations, your now the father of a beautiful baby girl" The moment those last few words escaped the nurse's lips I could see the frown in my father's face. The disappointment that she was not a he, that it was a girl and not a boy. That there was a little girl born to the head family.

"A little sister?" I heard a soft voice whisper. I looked to my side and Sasuke stood at my side holding onto my shorts.

"Yes Sasuke, a little sister" I found myself smiling at that as I took Sasuke's hand and led him into the room. My mother looked exhausted but a smile was on her lips as she stared down lovingly at a small bundle in her arms. Her dark eyes looked up as we walked in.

"Fugaku, would you like to meet your daughter" Again I could tell that word struck a chord with him but he nodded slightly unsure, and I could see the uncertainty in his movements as he reached out his arms and my mother handed him the baby. His face was impassive as he soon handed her off to me.

"I still haven't named her" My mother told father. I sat down with her so Sasuke could get a look at her. Her eyes opened and as I suspected she shared the same dark eyes we all had, but her hair seemed a darker shade that any of ours.

"She's our little sister?" Sasuke whispered.

"Your little sister Rin" I looked up at my mother and she smiled. I smiled back before I looked down at Rin who yawned softly before closing her eyes and snuggling her face into my arm.

"My little sister Rin" I mumbled gently.

===========================================================================

I could hear Rin's constant cries from down the hall. Only about two weeks since we brought her home and she's barely let my parents have a good night's rest. I sighed lightly as I slipped out of my bed and wandered slowly down the hall. I stepped into their room and saw my mother pacing with Rin crying in her arms, a bottle in one hand and an exhausted expression on her face.

"Mother, I can take her" She turned surprised, and then shook her head.

"No, no it's alright Itachi just go back to bed" I nodded slightly.

"I'm sure fathers annoyed and you've barely gotten any sleep since we've brought her home. So I can take her for tonight" She seemed to ponder this before finally handing me Rin and her bottle.

"Thank you Itachi" I nodded before taking Rin down the hall and back to my room. Her crying slowly subsided as I placed her bottle on my nightstand and held her tightly to me.

"Shhh, its okay Rin, its okay" I mumbled gently to her. I heard her yawn and laid her on my bed placing a pillow between her and the wall. I slipped in to bed beside her. She yawned again as I pulled the blanket over her. I smiled as her dark eyes began to fall closed.

"I will always be there for you Rin, I promise" I whispered to her. She may not have understood the words I spoke but I would stay true to them. It was a promise of a lifetime, and she was worth it.