Chapter 11: An Uchiha is Born [Naruto]

Rin

I picked up my books and slid them into my school bag. It's been four months since I was kidnapped and I had missed a lot of school in the time I had been gone. So had Jazmine but she’s been in and out of the hospital for the past while so I hadn’t had time to talk to her or get her, her homework. I was now at the same pace as the rest of the class but Jazmine kept slipping farther behind. Thanks to Itachi my shuriken was very advanced as we'll as my taijutsu. I kept my hair down more often now just to hide the bruise. It was fine most of the time but once in a while it would act up. It wasn't too bad; there was high fevers, pain, and lots of in and out of conciseness but I would usually be okay after.

"Rin, c'mon class is over we can go" I looked up as Sasuke pulled on my hand.

"I think I'm going to head over to Shika's house" He sighed crossing his arms.

"Father said that you couldn't be alone, remember what happened last time?"

"No Sasuke it has completely escaped my mind that I was held prisoner by the Akatsuki for three months. Thank you for reminding me" He sighed then.

"C'mon, besides I need your help with the homework assignment."

"Uh we have homework?" He nodded then.

"Yeah look" I looked at the bored then laughed slightly.

"Oh we have homework" I sighed then and pushed back my hair.

"Fine but please can we stop for some Mochi please? I'm starving for something sweet" Sasuke frowned slightly.

"I don't like sweets"

"But I do" He sighed then but nodded.

"Fine, fine let's go then" I grinned and threw my arms around his neck.

"Thank you Sasuke!" He chuckled then as he took my hand and led me from the classroom. So I still didn't like being home for too long, something’s just never change.

Sasuke

I sat with Rin on a park bench as she pulled another Mochi ball off the stick and popped it into her mouth. She always had a wicked sweet tooth. I looked at her, just like I have for the past few months. She was different, even I could tell. She always had her hair loose and even convinced mother to let her cut it back to her waist. She stood differently to, held herself more proudly. She was surer of who she was and what she was doing. She was just different.

"Sasuke your staring" I snapped from my gaze and sighed.

"Sorry, it's just what happened out there? You're different" She sighed as tucked her bangs behind her ears.

"A lot of things, I don't remember a lot of it Sasuke that's why I haven't told you. I wasn't actually conscious for most of whatever they did to me." I nodded slightly and now I could see her. The little girl Rin was trying suppress with her new persona. She was still afraid.

"Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I have to check to make sure that I'm home. Every time I turn off the lights and close my eyes I'm always afraid that I'll wake up back there" I nodded slightly and put my arm around her.

"It's alright Rin" She looked at me and I smiled.

"Just promise me if something is bothering you, you'll talk to me to. Itachi isn't your only brother that worries about you" She smiled slightly and looked at me.

"Okay but only if you promise that if for whatever reason you meet or see a guy with yellow snake eyes and goes by the name Orochimaru. You'll run in the other direction." I chuckled slightly.

"I would but I can't" She looked at me slightly confused then.

"Why?" I smiled at her.

"Because I'd have to make him pay for ever hurting my little sister" She smiled then and hugged me. I hugged her back just as tightly until she finally let go.

"We better get home before Father sends out people to look for us"

"Princess, there you are!" I heard Rin sigh as she slid off the bench. One of our cousins, Renji, approached us quickly.

"It's still Rin Renji"

"You know you’re not supposed to be out alone, not this late Princess"

"And you know my name is Rin not Princess, yet here we are" Renji sighed.

"Rin, please, if I don't get you home your father will have my head. Especially if he knew you were here with no protection"

"And who says she has no protection?" We all turned as a girl stepped from the shadow of the tree. Her anbu mask was tilted to the side so her face revealed.

"You know those masks are meant to hide your face right?" She rolled her eyes.

"The point is that Rin has anbu protection"

"Except I don't need it" I looked at Rin and could see that usual fiery look in her eyes when it came to people talking about her needing protection. Her eyes first darted to Suki.

"Look you may be on my brother’s platoon but that doesn't mean you need to follow or cover me, I barely even know you!" She then looked at Renji.

"And you, you're my cousin not my babysitter. I'm an academy student, for all my father knows I had to stay back for studying or something. So I'd appreciate if the anbu stayed out of my life and if my family would stop stalking me!" She stopped then and we all were silent.

"C'mon Sasuke let's head home" She took my hand then and guided me down the hill leaving the other two dumbfounded behind us.

"You okay Rinny?" I heard her sigh but she smiled at me.

"Do you want to make cookies when we get home?" I stared at her slightly confused but she smiled.

"I never really did anything for my birthday so…" I chuckled slightly and nodded.

"Okay, c'mon then" We began walking towards the compound. Maybe she was different but she would always be my little sister.