Fire and Ice

Chapter 19: Fire and Ice

"So...any bright ideas anyone?" I asked. The guy's hands caught fire and said "I'd suggest that you run, after all, where's the fun in target practice?"

Kai raised his hand and he tried to trap the guy in a cube, the guy tried to blast the walls that were forming around him, but it had no effect. When the guy was completely encased in the trap, he engulfed himself in fire and started beating on the walls. Kai shook his head and said "Keep trying, it can't break that ea-"

Right before he finished, the entire trap frozen up and the fire guy punched his way out. He growled and said "About time you got here,"

"Idiot," said a voice, it came from behind us. We turned and looked and saw the excat same guy. Oh great, twins. The only difference was that the newcomer wore a hoodie and trousers, unlike his brother, who looked like he just came back from Hawaii. Although they have us surrounded, we still out numbered them six to two. We split into two groups, three of us focused on one of them and attacked, it was me, Angie and Joel against Frosty the Snowman and the other three against Flambo over there.

Frosty stepped back and fired ice shards at us as we advanced. Angie jumped in front of us and shadow cloaked the ice shards right back at him. He quickly threw down an ice wall and sent it straight for us. Angie jumped out of the way and I just phased right through it, Joel didn't have enough time to dodge, but he swung Fox's head at the wall, shattering it like glass.

I quickly looked at Flambo's fight, he seemed to be talking a lot when he fought. He kept taunting and insulting the other three. Wendy's eyes gave out something clear,actually if she could talk she would be screaming.

"Fight it! It's not you!" 'yelled' Wendy.

I felt a chill as an ice spike went right through me and turned my attention back at the Blueberry Slushie. Joel went all out hammer time on him, Fox's snout is going to hurt in the morning. Angie swept her cloak left and right, a volley of daggers came out left and right.

Frosty was summoning ice walls and firing ice every chance he got. It was two against on he stood no chance, I 'ran', or drifted quickly, towards he, sword raised and got ready to knock him out with it's b-

What the...

Frosty touched an ice wall and it turned into a huge ice golem. It swatted at me, but it's giant hands just went right through me, I returned by cutting at him, but my sword just went right pass him. Oops, forgot to turn off intangability.

I quickly turned it off and-Whoa! Bad idea! That ice spike almost hit me! I saw Frosty standing right in front of me, alright I can't miss! I slashed at him and...What?! Ice decoy?!

"Where did he go?" I asked. Angie shrugged and asked Joel, "Hey?! Where the Snowman?"

Joel, who just smashed the golem with Fox's face, turned and said "I don't kn-Behind you!"

"W-" Angie started, but she was kicked in the back by the Snowcone Machine and fell to the ground. Frosty summoned an ice sword and said, "You lose..."

"Not so fast!" yelled Joel as he pointed Fox's head at Frosty. At that moment, Fox opened his mouth and shot a fireball towards Frosty, shattering his sword and knocking him off his feet. A familiar voice said "Hey! Jerome! Long time no see! Say...how's the Shadow mind control been treating you? Good? Okay then..."

"Who are you?" asked Jerome. Fox replied "Just one of the Greatfoxes, well I think your bro knows more about us."

"Shut up," said Jerome as he fired an ice shard at Angie. She got up just in time and and shadow cloaked herself away, she appeared right beside me and asked "Hey...any weaknesses? Fox?"

"Well...he really hates small talk, and erm...lets see oh...Fiyah!" said Fox as he breathed a stream of fire at Jerome. Jerome raised an ice shield but it was got melted by the fire, whatever kind of fire Fox was using, it was working. Jerome couldn't raise a shield up in time, so he was practically warm and toasty all over.

When Fox stopped, he frowned, Torchy was standing in front of his brother, his entire body engulfed in flames. He grined and said "Thanks for the recharge, I needed that! Now burn!"

A huge fireball came sailing right towards us, no time to dodge, no place to hide. Good thing Kai threw up a shield in front of us, or else we would have wound up being crisp. Jerome stepped beside his brother and said "Thanks, Jack"

"Hey, if you die who would I mess with? Steven? No way!" said Jack. Jerome's yellow eyes widened and said "Em dude...look up..."

We all looked up and Sabrina floating above the ground between us and the twins. She looked like she got most of her energy back, golden arcane magic was crackling and moving around her, her magical aura  was so thick, that it was visible! 

Someone's pissed...and oh look! She brought the rest of her party, thought they don't look so hot. Joanne's Shen-Lung looked like he was about to drop, and Joanne sitting on his back wasn't helping much. Tomlinson had to carry Lynus, the bull dude and Kevin and Skyler were equally tired. Skyler was in the form of a small cloud and Kevin's sparks were really weak.

I guess they drained all their energy trying to escape the bubbles. If Gemini fought, they might get in the way. Jack looked at Team Gemini and smirked, he put two fingers to his mouth and whistled.

HHHHRRRRROOAAAARRR!

Oh, Lark...was that a dragon?