Survival Training

Chapter 5: Survival training

"Today, we are going to have the survival training. Baa," said Gravid to with several people cheered and even more groaned. Gravid waved his hand in the air while holding up his fingers like Spiderman and the entire danger room shimmered and changed. With a low humming noise, the metal floor turned into a jungle's floor, I looked around, inspecting my surroundings. Towering trees surrounded me, and the faun's voice boomed over the jungle ."Alright, all you have to do is get to the end of the jungle, and the winning house gets early recess, Baa" Which aroused excited chatter among certain teams as the wave of hype moved through the crowd. "Ready! Baa. Please move ahead, as fast as you can, Baa"

"BAAAAA!"

When we took off, a human let out a wolf's howl and ran ahead on all fours, he started growing coarse white fur which started getting shaggier, his bones let out a sickening crack as they grew and rearranged themselves, a white tail popped out from his pants, his clothes started melding into the fur, leaving an imprint of the golden Anubis logo. He started going on all fours, and sped ahead, with is ears, claws, muscles and muzzle growing at the same time. He was a werewolf, and that made me jump.

While we rushed forward, the track separated into four ways, each track is meant for a specific house, there was a glowing emblem on each track each representing each house. The albino werewolf was waiting for us at the Anubis track, rubbing his shout, our emblem looked at it was dented at the nose, where I assumed that that's where the werewolf head butted.

"Oops forgot the put these down, Please wait for the preparation of the trail, Baa," said coach. Groaning came in response, as people began to sit down and wait for the walls to go down.

We waited for what felt like an hour, but it was actually 15 minutes, the guys in my house chatted and planned to pass the time. "So, I'm new here, mind if you guys introduce yourselves?" I asked. Angie stepped forward and said "Hi, I'm Angie von Berringwood, from Team Alvanda, but I guess you already know that, since we are already on the same team, and same house. Say I always wanted to asked this to a guy yurei, do you have, a well... You know, since you're all wispy and all missing on the underlow"

Joel stepped in and said, "Whoa, whoa, WHOA! That's private! By the way, weren't you paying attention in class yesterday, of course they have one!"

"I was about his guts you dummkopf! Geez, its not like you have any.." said Angie.

Joel blushed and backed off. Then his staff spoke, I meant spoke, spoke. I was surprised, just surprised, not shocked. I mean I half expected that staff to growl or do fox sounds. Anyway, he said "Ha ha, burned, BY A GIRL!"

"Yeah, real helpful Fox" said Joel.

"Any who... did you die due to a damaged heart?" asked Angie

"Err...... No? Why?" I asked.

"Can I bite your neck?" ask Angie, real casual like. My answer, "NO," obvious, isn't it? "Aww..." said Angie.

"Em, guys, sorry to cut into your conversation, but do you mind? Some of us are trying to plan here!" said a human.

She had glowing, red eyes, pale skin and silky black hair, there was something about her that wasn't human, neither was she a vampire, a witch I supposed. It was hard to not stare at her, why? Probably because she has some magical enchantment on herself, witches do that; I gave myself a mental slap and tried to stay focused.

"Err... sorry?" I said apologetically. "By the way what are you guys planning anyway, and what's your name?"

"I'm Team Gemini's captain, my name.... It's better to not tell you for now.... Until you can prove yourself..."said the witch

"Oookay, how do I do that?" I asked.

"Just help us win this," said the girl.

"So the plan," I asked. "Okay here's the plan, we are going to send Al and Kevin, those two over there, ahead to secure our spot" she said as she pointed towards, the albino wolf and a guy with chain warped around his right arm. "Once our spot is secured, we rush ahead and then we win,"

"Yeah nice plan, will it work?" I asked,

"Oh it will, cuz you're helping, new guy" she said.

"My name is not new guy, its Xiang," I said.

"Alright, Xiang, just secure our spot," she said.

"Okay, madam" I said as I drifted off. Little did we know that, a dark figure was spying on us by hiding behind a tree. I looked in the figure's direction and saw nothing. I shrugged and went to join Kevin and Al.

Then Coach yelled "BAAAA!" The game starts.