Chapter 11

So apparently I'm a natural with the powers. At least that is what Dad and Erik tell me. I just think that since I was a kid I always loved nature and spent most of my time outside that it helped me make a sort of connection with the elements that I can now control. I especially loved playing in the snow. Which now makes sense since my power is based on snow and winter.

Anyway now it's only two days before Christmas eve and there was been absolutely no spotting's of Descendant's. And this has all of the guardians of this season worried. And thus they have been all training together all of the Frost's Families and Claus's families and also the Guardians of each day of the month. I have yet to meet Erik's family though and He has been avoiding his family embers as well. Which has me worried. So now I am looking for him so we can talk about what is going on with him.

I go into his room after knocking. And find him lying on his bed playing with a snowflake on his hand. I sit down on the bed next to him and ask

-Can we please talk?

-Sure.

He stops playing with the snowflake and turns to me.

-What's wrong?

He asks me.

-I think it should be me asking that question. Don't you think?

I tell/ask him.

-What are you talking about, Cori?

I sigh and say

-I'm talking about you avoiding all the Frost's and the fact that you never talk to me about your family like at all.

He gets the same closed off look in his face that he always gets when I mention them. So I point it out.

-See. You always get that look when I even mention them to you. Why don't you talk to me? Do you not trust me? Sorry if I am sounding whinny but I think I deserve answers. Don't you?

Now it's his turn to sigh.

-Look, Corina. I'm sorry ok? It's not that I don't trust you, because I trust you with my life. And I do believe you deserve answers it's just that I am afraid you'd look at me differently if you knew.

-If I knew what?

-If you knew that I am an Orphan.

I stare at him speechless. Still comprehending what he just said. It all adds up. The way he has this longing look in his eyes whenever we are with my parents or when my parents treated him like he was their son.

-See this is what I didn't what from you. Now you are going to treat me differently.

I snap out of my shock and shake my head at his statement.

-It's not that. It's just that I never expected that answer. Maybe that they lived far away but not that you are an orphan. I'm sorry.

-I don't want pity! Especially not from you.

-I'm not saying it out of pity. I am genuinely sorry for forcing it out of you. I didn't what to make you relive those memories.

-It's fine.

-No it's not. I should have waited until you were ready to tell me.

-Corina, I'm glad I told you, ok? I wanted to, trust me. I wanted to tell you when you first asked but didn't want you to act differently around me.

-And I will not.

-Good.

-But do you want to talk about it?

I ask him. And he shrugs.

-I don't mind. And I'm sure you want to know the whole story.

I sheepishly nod at him. He chuckles and lays down on the bed pulling me down next to him.

-I lived with my family until I was five years old. We were a happy family. One that always ate dinner together. Where the dad would play football with his son and the mother would fuss about anything. Everything was perfect.

I smile imagining a little Erik playing football with his father.

-Then what happened?

I ask him

-They were killed two days after my sixth birthday.

My eyes water at the information and at the small crack in his voice as he said that. That must have been horrible. Losing your parents so young. I intertwine our hands and give his hand a little squeeze. He raises our hand and places a kiss on my palm then he rests them on his chest as he continues to speak.

-They were murdered by a couple of Descendants. My parents where to busy keeping me safe that they didn't see them coming. The men were to preoccupied trying to kill my parents that they didn't even notice me.