Platform Nine and Three Quarters!

*I Do Not Own Any Characters Made By J.K. Rowling.*

Chapter 1

              "Scarlet! Get up right now, before I drag you to Hogwarts in your pajamas!" I threatened Scarlet through her door.

              "Nah, you're too nice." Scarlet mumbled-yelled back to me.

              'She doesn't believe me? She should know better by now.' I thought as I walked back into my room to get something. How can she really think I would let her sleep? I found what I was looking for and walked the short distance across the hall from my room to Scarlet's. I walked in without even bothering to knock and tiptoed to her bed. She was laying on it with her head in the pillow, how does she not sufficate? I don't know.

             "Scarlet! Get up!" I yelled right next to her ear, startling her out of her wits.

             "Ah! Da-!"I cut her off by spraying water all over her face, but she didn't see that coming.

             "Now get up and take a shower and get ready unless you want to look and drenched all day!" I joked. She mumbled something unintelligent and walked into her bathroom. I smiled, happy I got her up before she could get me this morning.

              I was already dressed in my outfit for the day so I went downstairs to greet my dad, "Hey dad! I-uh- woke Scarlet up, sort of!" I smiled.

             "I don't want to know what you had to do." He replied. I laughed.

             "Only some water Dad, only some water." I said innocently, he laughed at that. This kind of stuff was normal for our family, pranksters and jokesters.

             "I'm ready!" Scarlet called from the stairs while running down. She was wearing a band tee-shirt and black jeans with a nice pair of vans. She has style, must run in the family.

             We grabbed our bags and each held onto one of our dad's arms, it was our first time side apparating so I was excited for i-OH MY MERLIN! It felt like my insides were being squeezed out! It only lasted second but it felt really weird, I did not want to do that again, "Ugh, that was awful!" Scarlet and I said simultaneously. Gosh, some twin things are creepy.

             We were in a train station called "King's Cross" that I'd been to a few times to go on trips the muggle way. I thought the Hogwarts Express was magical, how would we access it from here?

             "Dad? What train will get us to Hogwarts, I thought muggles couldn't get there?"

             "We have to go to platform 9 3/4, it's hidden so the Muggles can't get to it." He explained to us.

             "Well there's 9, "Scarlet said, pointing, "and there's ten. So where's 9 3/4?" We both looked at my dad for the answer, but all he did was smile and point at a brick wall.

              I was confused, "Wait. Wh-" But I didn't get to finish because he ran into the brick wall.

              Scarlet and I looked at each other, "We should- uh- follow him," She said. I was thinking about it, but she had already grabbed her bags and ran through.

              'I guess I should follow her.....,' I thought as I grabbed my bags, closed my eyes and ran to the brick wall. This was honestly insane, what if I hit the wall because it closed up or something?

              I was waiting to feel the wall against me but it never came so I opened my eyes and saw a bright red train that says, "Hogwarts Express."

             "Dawn! Over here!" I heard Scarlet call. I turned around and saw her and Dad waving me over to them. I skipped over, literally, and stood next to Scarlet, "Today has been very weird..... And it's barely begun."

            "But it's been fun and exciting, and it will stay like that!" Scarlet said, grinning like a cheshire cat. Oh Merlin, what did she have planned?

            "We should get on the train Scarlet, before it leaves without us." I turned to my dad, "Bye dad! See you next summer!" I gave him a tight hug right before Scarlet did the same. It was going to be hard leaving my Dad at home for months, we never went anywhere without him our whole life since our Mom died. My family has always been so close, hence why Scarlet's my best friend.

            "Yeah, goodbye dad! We'll miss you!" Scarlet said. He waved us good bye and we jumped on the train looking for an empty compartment. We immediately went to the 2nd to last compartment because who would purposely go there first? Scarlet and I, that's who. Luckily it was empty, so we put our luggage up top and sat down. That was were it really hit me. We were going to Hogwarts and there was really nowhere else I would rather be.