CHAPTER SIX WHY DO I FEEL THIS WAY??????

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED UNDER THE COPYRIGHT LAWS OF 1988 FOR SHERRY E MONTGOMERY

Well I am on a roll with this story. It just won't shut up. It keeps screaming in my mind so hear you go, another chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment.

MARK MIDNIGHT

Pack: Warrior River

Pack Position: Alpha

Job: President and Founder of Warrior River Medical Research and Head of the Werewolf Counsel, Co-organizer of Counsel

Age: 48

Status: Married and Mated to Lauri Midnight, Father of adult Triplelts, Adopted brother to now deceased Jane Evergreen

CHAPTER SIX WHY DO I FEEL THIS WAY?

TERRENCE POV

I have finally got a chance to lay my head down after 72 hours. My body is tired but I just can't stop thinking about PJ. I don't understand why do I feel this way?

I remember the first time I say my mate. She was just hours old and my little wolf just howled. Aunt Jane was the only one in the room other than me and her new twins. I remember turning and looking at me with a smile. She just laughed softly and commented to me about having that gene in my Midnight blood.

Aunt Jane could tell that my little wolf needed its mate or at least some way to put my mark on her. We sat and talked about what a mate was and I understood as much as my little mind could that Princess was mine. That until the day when we were grown up and I could come and get her I would need to stay pure for her. My Aunt Jane told me all about the mating mark and how one day I would get to mark her shoulder. The she showed me a little mark on her neck where the muscle goes up to her head and right in front of it, behind her ear was Uncle Allan's initials. She told me that its something that happens to her bloodline the first time your true mate nibbles in that area. It does not hold the same weight as a mating mark but it does form a connection and it will cause both of to shy away from anyone other than our mate. She told me that the moment Uncle Allan first nibbled on her neck, not even breaking the skin it appeared on both of their necks. Her initials on his and his on hers.

Aunt Jane asked me if I wanted to hold her while she feed James and I said I did. I got in the rocking chair and held out my arms. I rocked her and had her cooing at me. Then I brought her up and held her close I just wanted to bury my little nose in her neck and smell her. She smelled like waking up on a fresh spring morning in the middle of a meadow of flowers ... Fresh and clean and sweet ... I remember running little kisses along her neck and licking it. I guess I must have nibbled it a little without breaking the skin because when I pulled back I saw my initials just behind her right ear...TM. I showed Aunt Jane and with a big smile she took Princess and took me to the mirror and showed me I now had her initials behind my right ear. Its not where people can see because its hid behind the ear close to the hairline. I remember Aunt Jane telling me to tell no one. That when the time came that mark would be my assurance.

Its been years since I have looked at my mark. When I get up I need to look at it again but right now I need to get a nap in. I can get about four hours in before I need to get up, get dressed and call about some patients then go down stars for dinner. Dad said that PJ was coming tonight.

As I drifted off to sleep I just kept thinking about PJ. I had watched her heal Tina as she was holding her life here. I know she couldn't have done it without me because I was the one flushing the silver out, and who started the IV so we could replace the blood she lost with fluid and I also was the one sewing up some of the arteries but it was like she had slowed down the flow of blood and literally was controlling the heartbeat as well as sending energy into the body causing it to repair itself at an alarmingly fast rate. She knew everything that needed to be done just with her touch.

That was the most restful sleep I had had in forever it seemed. I dreamed ... wait I was dreaming and in my dream PJ was my mate. How can that be if Princess is my mate.

I got up and walked over to my closet and looked into the full length mirror I have on the door and pulled back my ear and hair to see my mark. It had been years since I have done it. Its darker now, but it is there.

P J E

Wait a minute. PJ E. Green. PJ or better yet Princess Jane. E. Green for Evergreen. Its her I am sure of it. But why didn't I recognize her.

YOU DIMWIT...YOU DAD TOLD YOU SHE IS HER MOTHER'S DAUGHTER...SHE IS MASKING my wolf says in my head.

"But why would she be masking and why didn't you recognize her" I ask him.

I CAN ONLY GUESS THE REASON FOR HER MASKING HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH HER NOT FEELING SAFE BECAUSE SHE IS IN A NEW AREA.

"That makes sense. But why would she have been masking when I went to meet her? We were just outside the cottage and she knew us." I ask my wolf who seems to know a lot more than I do.

I THINK THEY WERE SEEING IF WE COULD DETECT HER. BY WE I MEAN YOU AND ME AS WELL AS YOUR DAD AND HIS WOLF. YOU KNOW WE ARE THE STRONGEST TRACKERS IN THE PACK.

"Oh. Well did you know who she was?"

ARE YOU CALLING ME A DUMB WOLF? I KNEW WHO WE WERE GOING TO SEE JUST AS SOON AS YOU DAD ASK US.

"But why didn't you tell me?" I asked hurt that my wolf would do this to me.

DON'T BE HURT. I WAS MAD BECAUSE YOU CALLED OUR MATE A HUMAN! With each word he spoke to me I could hear his internal volume rising AND YOU DIDN'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH HER.

"You dumb wolf. I haven't wanted anything to do with anyone who wasn't our mate. At the moment I didn't need any extra responsibility because I have been trying to get the time off so I could travel to her pack. Tina is my new sister and I still haven't gotten to know her, so no I didn't want to get to know someone new, when I first met her. Although I must admit I am so relieved to find that she is our mate because working with her...well she is amazing. I was afraid I was falling in love with someone else. I am so relieved."

I WOULDN'T HAVE LET YOU FALL FOR SOMEONE WHO WASN'T OUR MATE.

"Wait a minute. How did you know she was our mate if she is masking?"

THAT'S EASY. EVEN THOUGH YOUR MIND HAS BEEN ON OTHER THINGS, I STILL LISTEN. TINA HAS BEEN TALKING NON-STOP ABOUT PJ COMING. SO HAS YOUR BROTHERS AND YOUR DAD. BY THE WAY YOU DO KNOW THEY HAVE A PRANK PLANNED

"What?"

Let them have their fun. You have been an old fuddie duddie lately. You haven't had any fun with the family in a long time. Tonight is a night to celebrate. Tina and her pups should have died but they didn't. Family has come home and even though she doesn't know it so has our mate.

"I guess your right but....lets turn the tables on them"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN?

BETTER YET WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HAPPEN?

TELL ME PLEASE....FIRST ONE TO GET IT RIGHT GETS THE NEXT CHAPTER DEDICATED TO THEM AND CAN CHOOSE THE NAME OF A NEW CHARACTER...SHE WILL BE MEETING HER MATE SOON.