WHY DO I FEEL THIS WAY

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED UNDER THE COPYRIGHT LAWS OF 1988 FOR SHERRY E MONTGOMERY

"Princess Jane Evergreen!" I remember hearing my twin brother, James, yell my name as I try to sneak in my window. We had both graduated from college the day before. I am 20, a werewolf and mateless as of yet. I really want to go to med school but the chances of me going is slim. Oh I've no doubt I can get in and make it but to let a she-wolf leave the protection of the pack without a mate, especially one from the alpha bloodline is unheard of. The fact that I have a few special abilities should make it easier but my brother is also my alpha and we are the last of our ancient bloodline. But somehow that was exactly what he wanted to tell me. That's right, I'm headed to med school.

I'm about to meet with the alpha of the Warrior River Pack. Alpha Mark was my daddy's best friend and my mother's adopted brother. He is also part of the werewolf counsel, so he knows all about me. I'm a little nervous. The last time I saw him I was 5 and he had triplets that were a few years older than me.

~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

I don't understand why dad wanted me to go with him. He wanted me to meet some girl that was about to start medical school.

I know that dad takes his promises to heart but does he have to exclude me in them. I start my residency tomorrow. I don't have time for this unless he thinks she's my mate.

"Dad why have you given this human permission to stay on pack land? " I ask him.

"Well I'll be. It's that all you sense soon?" He says laughing.

"Dad, I don't understand. I mean she smells really good for a human. Is there anything else?"

"Son just know that if anything happens to me she is your responsibility. She is to be granted all rights of a pack member while she is here though she isn't one. No matter what she is to be treated with the utmost respect regardless of what you feel. If anything were to happen to her it could mean war. You are meeting her since your brother is at the future alphas meeting and because you most likely will be the one to run into her. I have told your brother a little about her, but she is your responsibly." Dad tells me as we walk up to her.

As I get closer to her my wolf starts acting funny. Our eyes meet and nothing. I touch her and no tingling, so I have to assume she is not mine. On the other hand why do I feel like she is mine?