32: All Good Things Come To An End

Start from the beginning

"I hurt a girl because she kissed Alcide. I was proud of what I did. I threatened her because I thought it was the only way to keep him. But then I realized, if I had to hurt people to be with Alcide, I didn't want to be with him."

"You and Alcide broke up?" I asked.

"Yeah. I think it's temporary. At least I really hope it is," she said. "He changed and not for the better. I'm trying to give him time to come to his senses. I'm not ready to let him go yet." She paused. "Maybe you should reevaluate your relationship. Do you really want to be with someone you feel the need to constantly impress? You're going to be alive for centuries, maybe millennia. There will be other guys out there."

"I guess you're right." I nodded. "But I think that I need to reevaluate myself before I start cutting ties. I'm not ready to let him go, either."

"I love you, Lil. I really hope that things settle down soon. I haven't seen you in ages."

"Yeah, it's been too long." I heard Eric walk downstairs. "I should go. I love you too, Rach."

I hung up and went to the top of the stairs. Bill and Eric both stood in the foyer. "I saw a white circular room, and in it Pam, Tara, Jessica, Lily, and you meet the sun." I had a feeling I knew exactly what room he'd seen. "That is why I am going to get Warlow right now. He is half-fae, half-vampire, it is his blood that is will let me walk in the sun."

"Tell me what you want from me," Eric said.

"I must bring Warlow here so we can use his blood to save those vampires."

"I will help you, if you help Nora." I was still at the top of the stairs when Eric and Bill came up to go into Rachel's room. Neither of them met my eyes. Nora was still asleep and Eric and Bill sat on either side of her. I wanted to respect Nora's wishes, but I also wanted her to live. It was the latter desire that kept me silent as Bill forced her to drink from him.

"I'm sorry, we had to try," Eric told her.

"I know," she said. I moved to sit next to Bill.

"Is it working?" I asked. "Are you feeling any better?"

"I don't think so."

"Then, Warlow's blood," Eric said looking at Bill. "Bring him here, he can help."

"No, his blood can help me walk in the sun, but it will not heal me," Nora said.

"It has to."

"Lily, please, make him see." She took my hand. "This is the end for me."

"Bill, bring the blood," Eric said.

Bill stood up. "Alright."

OoOoO

By nightfall Nora was significantly worse, but if she was in pain, she didn't let it show. Even on her death bed Nora was beautiful. Eric prayed to Godric and I sat in silence wishing I could go back in time. "When Eric met me, I was dying of the plague. It is only fitting that I die just like this," Nora told me. Eric moved back to her bedside. "This time there is no Godric to save me, only you to comfort me."

"Who will comfort me for centuries to come?" He asked. I could see the blood tears brimming.

Nora smiled at him. "You are not alone, brother. Pamela and Lily will be here for you always."

"And Willa," I added.

"Yes, you saw in each of them what Godric saw in me."

"No one can ever replace this."

Nora clutched both of our hands. "But they will love you the way you need to be loved. Let them be there for you and you will never lose them." Eric nodded. For a moment he locked eyes with me, then we both looked to Nora again. "Lily, I know I've told you, but I truly regret not knowing you. You are the sort of person I would have liked to have in my life. I am so happy that Eric will have you." I felt the tears I'd been holding back run down my cheeks.