|On the 5th Day of Christmas Santa Gave to Me... 5 Holiday Ornaments|

12/17/15

Louis and Harry walk side by side as they walk through the lot. Christmas is about a week away and the Tomlinsons' have yet to buy a Christmas tree. Louis had been quick to offer to buy one, Jay not really wanting her son to spend his extra money on something they can buy themselves. Louis said that he wanted to, that they should consider it his Christmas present to them (not that it's be the only present either). After some more arguing Jay finally let him do as he pleased.

Which is why he is currently looking at all the Christmas trees in the lot with Harry. The sun is setting, which mean the Christmas lights surrounding them are being turned on. It gives it a heavenly look and Louis can feel the Christmas magic in his core.

He can also feel Harry's hand brushing against his and he really wants to reach out and grab it. He's nervous though because technically they have no one to show off to here. He doesn't have to worry about it too much because not even a minute later, Harry is reaching for his hand, intertwining their fingers.

He smiles as they continue looking at all the big trees around him. Harry is looking at the Pines while Louis is looking at the Douglas Firs. Nothing is really catching their eyes as the wander about. Louis wants a tree to call out to him, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. He's telling himself he's going to have to settle when he sees it, the perfect tree.

It's an eight foot Spruce tree and it looks strong and pretty. He can hear it calling his name, so he pulls Harry over to it.

"This is the one." He proclaims. "This is our tree." The way he said it makes him feel like it's only for him and Harry. Like it's for a flat they share and they'll get to decorate it while sneaking occasional kisses. Louis really hopes for that in his future.

Harry calls a man over, who helps them take the tree to the car. He ties it to the roof of the car with a bit of help from Harry and then he's telling them they're all set to go.

"Enjoy the tree and have a nice holiday." The man says cheerfully. "Oh and by the way, you two make a cute couple." Louis blushes as they make their way to the car.

"Looks like we're pretty convincing." Harry comments.

"Yeah I guess we are."

Once back at the house, the whole Tomlinson gang gathers around ready to trim the tree. The twins sing along to the music on the radio as they hang handmade chain links while Lottie and Fizzy put on the glass ornaments. Jay hands the tree topper to Louis telling him he should do the honors. He's a bit (a lot) shorter and can't seem to reach. Luckily for him, Harry's behind him in an instant, lifting him slightly off the ground so he can reach. When he's placed back on the ground, Harry's hands stay on his waist, so he leans back into his touch. Louis hears the shutter of a camera. He turns to see his mother with her phone in hand and she snaps another photo.

"You guys are too cute." She gushes. That has both boys blushing and Louis turns to hide his face in Harry's chest. It makes Jay coo even more.

"Alright we should continue on decorating. There's still a lot to do." Mark says, and everyone nods as they go on. Jay hangs the stockings over by the fireplace, while Louis' sisters go help Mark outside with the house lights. Harry follows after them, leaving Louis and his mother to work on the interior decor. Louis places a wreath on the door and some holiday candles in the lounge.

He's moving some ornaments around on the tree to make it look more even around, when his mother calls for him from the kitchen.

"Coming." He's walking through the door frame, but before he can get to his mother, he's crashing into a solid chest. He looks up and sees Harry there with a sheepish smile.

"Oops."

"Hi." Louis says back. He stand back a bit to see his mother looking at them and then up. He looks up and there at the top of the door frame is a conveniently placed mistletoe. "Oh."

"Come on you two, kiss." Jay encourages. His whole family is staring at them and it makes Louis feel weird, but he also really wants to kiss Harry. So he looks back at him and sees what just might be a hopeful smile. He slowly leans in, scared that maybe this isn't what Harry wants, but before he can retract, Harry is placing his hand on the back of Louis' neck and pulling him close. The kiss is tender and warm and Harry's lips seem to be made for Louis. He feels like he's melting into Harry and he finds that he doesn't really mind it. They break apart when they hear the click of a camera. Of course Louis knows it's his mother.

"You guys are too precious." She says as she looks over the photo. She looks around the house and smiles in triumph. "Looks like we're all decorated, how about we settle down for the day, enjoy some family time." Everyone says their agreement and they head to the lounge. Lottie and Fizzy sit on the floor, phones in hand and in their own little world. Jay and Mark are on the love seat talking about the holiday party they're planning. Louis sits alone on the couch because Harry takes a seat on the floor too, next to Phoebe and Daisy who are busy telling Harry about a story they heard earlier in school. Louis watches warmly as Harry tells them his own stories and he feels his heart beating a mile a minute.

He just kissed Harry. They just shared their first kiss. It was a bit rushed, but he loved every second of it. He wonders how Harry feels on the matter. Did his lips feel tingly even after the kiss ended? Did his stomach do a summersault when their lips met? Does he want Louis just as much as he wants Harry? All these questions run through his mind and he really wants to know the answers, but he doesn't want to ask Harry about it yet. They have a good thing going and maybe just maybe; this fake boyfriend will end up being his real boyfriend.