|Prologue|

Louis pulls his scarf tighter as he walks out of the large building. He sighs in relief when the frosty air hits him. He's finally free.

Louis has just finished his last final of the semester and he's officially on winter holiday. Going to Uni wasn't his first choice, but he decided if he was ever going to get a good career, he'd have to get his degree. Now after almost three years of it, he finds himself enjoying his time on campus, but he still misses his family and wishes he had more time to binge watch reruns of Friends.

His boots scuff on the ground as he turns right to continue on his way to his dorm. He still has to pack for his two week visit to his hometown. Louis is excited to see his sisters in person rather than through a phone screen on FaceTime. He's excited that he finally has free time after being in school for so long. He's excited about being able to finally enjoy his mum's home cooked meals rather than the stupid frozen pizzas his budget allows.

Speaking of his mum, he's also very excited to see her. But even if he loves his mum with all his heart, the thought of having to deal with his mother makes a small frown appear on his face. Louis loves his mother dearly, but she can be overbearing sometimes, especially when it comes to Louis' love life. She's always trying to set Louis up with someone, claiming he should think about settling down. He's only twenty for God's sake.

Honestly it's like his mother doesn't trust him to find his own special someone. Which is ridiculous because Louis is very capable of finding someone, he chooses not to. He tends to be more focused on studies instead of cute boys. When he has the chance, he tries to make the most of it, having a little fun with a cute frat boy, but most of the time it never ends well. Most of never call the next day or tell him they were just experimenting, which ouch, that one hurts the most. So Louis mostly sticks to doing his homework on his lonely Saturday nights or reading a new novel. With the rate he's going at, he'll be finished with school in no time.

He finally reaches the front door of his flat. He unlocks the door and welcomes the warm air as he walks to his bedroom. He removes his shoes and shrugs off his coat, taking his phone out of the pocket to check if his mum has called. She hasn't but it seems his best friend has left him a voicemail. He puts the phone down momentarily to retrieve his suitcase. Once he finds it, he places it on the bed to start packing. He picks up the phone once more and puts the voicemail on speaker, so he can listen to the message while he packs.

"Happy Birthday, I know it's still really early, but I didn't know if I would have the chance to tell you over break." Louis laughs at his best mate. Of course Liam would make sure to wish him a happy birthday even if it's still days away (on December 24 to be exact). "Anyway, I have your present ready and I wish I could have given it to you personally, but as you know my train left before your final exam ended."

"So I'm having a buddy of mine deliver it to you, just to make sure you get it. They should be around in a bit so you won't have to wait too long. So yeah Happy Birthday again Lou! Bye." Louis chuckles. He has a great best friend.

He goes about finishing up his packing, rummaging through his closet for his best shirts and looking under his bed for his shoes. He makes sure everything is in order for his trip before he heads out to the lounge. He put his suitcase by the door and runs back in to his room to grab his mobile. Just as he grabs it, it starts ringing. He answers on the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Louis!" His mother squeals. Louis smiles, he was expecting her call.

"Mum, I'm getting ready to leave. I'll be in Doncaster in two hours."

"That's great sweetie. We were wondering when you would get here. We're all really excited to see you."

"Well I'm excited to see you guys too."

"So you're coming alone again this year?" Oh no, he knows where this is going.

"Yes mum I am... Am I not enough for you?" He teases.

"You are enough sweetie. I just wish you would finally find someone, you're not getting any younger."

"I'm not getting any older either." He reprimands.

"Yes sweetie I know, but a mother can dream of her son finding love can't she? I just want to see you happy."

"I know mum." Louis sighs, sitting down on his bed.

"You know a friend of mine mentioned her son is back in town for the holidays. Maybe you could meet him for dinner?" His mom can be a bit crazy at times.

"Mum, you know I hate when you try to set me up."

"Oh come on sweetie give him a chance. He's-" She's still taking, but Louis is distracted by the sudden knock at the door. Good timing. He moves to the hall to answer it.

When he opens the door, he is met with a beautiful sight. There is a boy standing there with shaggy curls tucked under a Santa hat. His green eyes shine bright and his dimples are on full display as he hands him a present.

"A present for one Louis Tomlinson." The boy says and Louis is confused as to how this beautiful boy knows his name. Then he remembers Liam's voicemail.

"Louis, are you still there?" He hears his mother say.

"Yeah-uh- yeah." He says, realizing he's still on the phone with his mother.

"So can I tell him to stop by?" Oh she was talking about a blind date. His eyes are still glued to the boy in front of him. Then an idea pops into his head.

"Actually mother, I may just end up bringing someone home." Louis smiles at the boy, before he pulls him inside.