|On The 1st Day of Christmas Santa Gave to Me... 1 Fake Boyfriend|

12/13/15

"So let me get this straight." The boy says. "You want me to act as your boyfriend to get your mother off your back?" Now that Louis thinks about it, it does sound a bit absurd. But he's desperate.

"Yes. I know it's a strange request and we hardly know each other, but if Liam's you friend than that means you must be an okay guy, right? I'm begging you here, come on won't you be my fake boyfriend?" The boy turns pensive then, head moving from side to side as if weighing his options.

"Well..." Louis holds his breathe as he waits for the response. "I'll do it." Louis grins wide, exhaling.

"Great you're doing me a huge favor." Louis stands, the boy following his lead. "So you need to get packed. I'll give you ten minutes." The lad sputters.

"What? That's not enough time."

"Well it's going to have to be enough time." Louis retorts. "I told my mother I'd be home in two hours. So come on get to it." He guides the lad out the door. "Meet me in the parking lot in ten..." It's then that he realizes he doesn't even know the guy's name.

"Harry. Harry Styles."

"Well Harold, I expect you in the parking lot in 10." Then he promptly closes the door.

It's been twenty minutes and Harry hasn't showed up.

He's a little nervous now. He doesn't know anything about this guy, yet he plans to spend a two hour car ride with him. He hopes Harry isn't some kind of psycho maniac. If he is this could go south very quickly. He's also nervous because it has now been 25 minutes and Harry is still nowhere in sight. He realizes how stupid it was to just send him off without even getting his number.

He's almost giving up on the idea of Harry ever showing up, but then he spots the lad bundled in winter gear and headed his way.

"Took you long enough."

"I told you ten minutes wasn't enough." Harry complains.

"Well we don't have time to waste." Louis argues back. "I gave my mum a time and we have to be there by then. So come on, get in." Louis takes Harry's suitcase, stuffing it in the trunk before heading back to the driver's seat. Louis makes sure they're buckled in and then they are hitting the road.

It's silent for the first few minutes. Louis has no idea what to say and Harry doesn't feel the need to talk. Eventually, Louis has had enough of the silence.

"So you're a friend of Liam's? Why haven't I seen you before?"

"Oh well Liam and I are friends, but we're more like study buddies. We really don't see each other unless it's to study."

"I can see why Liam would befriend you. That boy loves his study groups. He goes to one almost every night or he hangs out at the library. Who does that?"

"I do." Harry says as a comeback.

"Right well um..." Louis coughs, trying to think of something else to say, but Harry beats him too it.

"So if I'm going to be your fake boyfriend, don't you think I should know more about you?" He does have a point.

"Well what do you want to know?"

"Well you could start by telling me more about why you felt the need to hire a fake boyfriend." Louis should have expected this conversation. He knew eventually Harry would want to know why he was so desperate for him to come along. Still, he doesn't really know how to answer him.