Bonus Scene 2

Bonus scene as promised for reaching 2000 reads!

Enjoy!

'London 1924. That's where I am, thin clouds covering the chilled sky above me, grey is the color I see almost everywhere this morning. It would be peaceful if I wasn't running to capture the man with the package of death in his hands. My feet run over cobblestone and my hands push past a tall gentleman to charge ahead. I try to keep from huffing for air, my legs aching from the sprint.

It seems like I might lose him.

Just when the criminal thinks he is going to escape, I come around the corner to see him fall over onto the ground hard. The man standing above him with a golf club in hand tosses it once in the air casually before he notices me. "Oh hello, Henry," the Doctor greets.

I heave a breath and walk forward to bend down and pick up the package from the ground... It's a miracle it didn't go off from impact. I strip away the brown paper to reveal a modern day time bomb that has already been set to go off.

Immediately I panic. "Doctor you said he was from this era."

"He is, who would be wearing those shoes if they knew better?" he justifies.

"Then how did he get this?"

"Oh... That's not good." He bends down beside me to see it. "Okay okay don't panic. You have about thirty seconds to disarm it."

Panic is exactly what I do but I still frantically start attempting to shut it down best I can. With each second that passes on the screen my heart rate doubles. My fingers are fearful and trying to work without messing up.

Twenty seconds left.

I watch the numbers go down one after another. I use what I can to disarm it...

Ten seconds.

"I don't mean to pressure so I think I'll get out of the blast radius--"

"Quiet!" I snap and yank on something, the numbers racing downwards faster than I want.

"Henry..." The Doctor says.

I keep working but it's getting closer. I hear my name repeated again and again now.

Five.

Four.

Just one more wire...

Three.

Two--'

"Henry," a whisper from a familiar voice finally yanks Henry from his dreams and pulls him to reality. But he can hardly open his eyes. So it isn't morning yet it seems. He mutters something as his brows pull together in confusion. Slowly he opens his eyes to see his four month pregnant wife there beside him, as awake as ever and seeming in want of something as she wakes him.

He breathes and looks around before sitting up and muttering, "What's wrong?" while trying to open his eyes all the way to look at her. He seems worried a bit, not surprising considering he's been like that ever since she announced her pregnancy for anything out of the ordinary.

Jess grins and says, "You know how much I love you, right?"

He looks confused for a moment but then he shuts his eyes and sighs. "What do you want?"