Chapter 5

The next morning it's only Elizabeth Charming and Ella who are present at breakfast.

Lizzy says the men have finally gone hunting.

This leaves the three girls some time in the big house all alone. Since Wattlesbrook is still not around, they allow some real, non-regency conversations to come up. That feels good to relax and be silly.

"Okay here's a question," Ella says as she sits unladylike on the sofa, "Who would be easier to sleep with, Captain America or a great white shark?"

"Oh, the shark, definitely," Jess replies, trying not to laugh too hard. She is still pretty giddy from last night.

 She is still pretty giddy from last night

"I wanna sleep with Mr. Nobley," Lizzy states as she plays with her fake hair.

"No thank you," Ella says after laughing for a minute.

Jess debates over her response, thinking that he is handsome but his personality takes that away. "Well, maybe. If he wasn't so sulky and grumpy all the time."

"Oh I'm going to tell him you would sleep with him if he were only nicer!" Ella laughs teasingly.

"No!" Jess laughs as well. "No no! And besides I told you I won't do such things until I marry!"

Ella is giggling hard still. "I know. I know. But you did say it."

"I didn't mean it like that."

"Yeah he's very cross," Ella says in thought. "He's sweet though. You know yesterday at lunch all of the seats at the dining table were pushed in. And I was the last one to sit down. Nobley who was seated next to me stood up and pulled a chair back for me." She shrugs.

"That's just what was expected of gentlemen back in the regency era. Or any era," Jess says.

"Yeah but in this era no such gentleman exists," she sighs.

"Sadly not," Jess says, copying Ella's sigh. ''It would be really nice if one did though."

"Agreed. Hey here's another question a little less weird: who out of everyone here is the most like Mr. Darcy?"

"Obviously Mr. Nobley is the resident Mr. Darcy. Just blonde."

"I agree yeah definitely," she looks up in thought. "I would call it more of a light brown..."

"Fine then miss smarty pants," Jess says with a laugh.

"Alright well I'm still going with this. Let's see you would definitely be Elizabeth Bennet no doubt."

"Oooh agreed," Lizzy says.

"Wait so, me and Mr. Nobley? Not sure how I feel about that," Jess says, her mind trailing back to last night with Martin.