Chapter 1

~ Author's note: Character Jess created and played by Hannah Burt (HannahWeasleyBurt )
Story and all other characters played by Olivia Dehart (Gem/myself)
Ella Civil and Mr. Bradford are original characters created by Olivia Dehart. All other characters (Except Jess) are owned by Shannon Hale. ~
.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.

.

.

"Jess it's Ella open up," she knocks on the door of Jess's flat again.

"Just a second," Jess calls. She puts the kettle on the stove and walks over to open the door.

 She puts the kettle on the stove and walks over to open the door

Ella's face is blocked by the flowers she is carrying. She peeks around them at Jess, showing her freckled face with dark hair of curls much more pronounced than Jess's, and blue eyes who is shorter than Jess and curvier too. She enters the room. "So your doorman left these for you," she says, placing the vase on the counter.

She pulls off the note on the bouquet. "He says he's sorry about the loss of your great aunt Josephine." she frowns at Jess.

"I have a great aunt Josephine?" she returns Ella's expression.

"Had," she corrects.

She takes the note to look at it herself

She takes the note to look at it herself. "He probably just delivered them to the wrong flat."

"Not unless there is another Jessamyn Audri in your building..." she says while her eyes scan the note as well. She sniffs. "Are you making tea? I want a cup!" she puts down the stuff and hops to the cabinet for a glass.

"I wonder how my doorman knows my great aunt and I don't," Jess says, although it's not that big a surprise. She'd hardly known her mother or her side of the family. "I'll ask him about it later."