Chapter 21 Welcome Home

2 weeks Later

Trevor POV

11:00am

Man ya'll remember when you started reading this book and I was that 16 year old boy looking for fun times with girls, now look at me Im 17 and already a guaurdian. My point is dont doubt on anyone too soon,not tryna preach or nothing but just a little inspiration. Me and KJ heading to the crib for a get together. Im excited to tell everyone tha news especially Lauren. Thats my baby and hopefully one day she'll have mine. "Aah" "Whats wrong lil man." I turned around to check on him, but he just mumbled and looked at me with those big hazel eyes. I had him fresh a white polo onsie with a blue polo sign at tha top, a white cap, and some blue booties that was white on the bottom. Time to take you home for good.

Travis POV

"AY everyone Trevor gone be home any minute lets get ready." I was proud of my son for stepping up and being a man. He everything I imagined I could have, but Im absoulety shocked at Rodney's turn around. He deals a little, but he's back in school majoring in buisness because he wants to be a good example for KJ. J still that crazy nigga that cracks jokes, but he taking school more seriously and been getting good grades. He says he wants to go to Morehouse right here in tha ATL and become a Kids doctor. Can u believe it? Idk about ya'll but it shocked tha hell outta me. Lauren still holdin my son down and to think I thought he was going to be too hood for ha, but I guess not. Look at my children growing up to become something bigger and better. I feel so proud. " Ay yo boss I think you wanna take this phone call." I looked in his face and from the look of it the phone call was urgent. "Hello?" "Yeah is this Travis." "Who asking." " My name is Craig Wilson Im Nikki's father, I got out today." "What?" " Yeah I heard about my babygirl's passing broke my heart and I was wondering if I could stop by maybe see my grand you know." I was a little uneasy, but it is his grandson the only thing he probably got left in this world. "Yeah man come on its start any minute Ill text u tha address." "Alright thanks man this means a lot." I hung up tha phone and looked out the windown at Trevor. He looked like he was really attached to KJ.

Trevor POV

"You ready KJ." He mumbled some baby talk, but I didnt quite catch it. I smiled down and kissed tha top of his head. I went up to the door and turned the handle while KJ's car seat was in tha other. As soon as I walked in everyone stared at me gazing. "Hey ya'll we home." Everyone smiled and clapped. "Well let us see him." Lauren's mom yelled all the way from the kitchen. I sat his crib on the counter and uncovered the cloth. "Awwe he's so precious." "Man that baby is not precious!" We all turned and stared at J. "That boy look good and ya'll calling him precious." Rodney spoke up "Man what tha hell you talking about." " Look bruh if you eva see a baby and it aint cute but you dont wanna be mean he precious." Everyone burst in laughter J a crazy nigga. I know we shouldn't have watched that movie. I took KJ out and held him up. He was reaching for me. Time to tell tha news. "Everyone I got a announcement., I signed papers saying that Im KJ's guardian." The room fell silent and everyone's face was like a ghost. "Son you sure a baby is a lot of work?" My dad laid a hand on my shoulder."Yes sir he deserves this and Im stepping up to the plate like a man." He smiled and so did everyone else. Lauren came and kissed my cheek and KJ reached fo her.She lifted him up and kissed him. He smiled and she held him to her chest. Everybody was at awe looking at the sight. Ms. Sharice came forward. "Im so proud of ya'll but look your ass is not having no children any time soon so Trevor wrap it up and Lauren dose up." We started laughing like a happy family then the doorbell rang. My dad answered it. "Everyone this is Craig, Nikki's father!" My dad caught everyone attention and I looked up to Craig. He was a big dude and you can tell he just got out. "Hello." Everyone said hi. Then he walked over to me and Lauren to see KJ. I saw a tear in his eye. "He looks like my babygirl." Lauren offered KJ to him and he took him into his arms. "Since mommy's gone your coming home with." What tha fuck this nigga outta his mind, but he he probably just want a piece of Nikki; he can see KJ wheneva he want Im not going to hold him back from his grandfather. Rodney must got really upset because he pulled the heat out and held it to his head. "You ain't taking KJ man, naw, HELL NAW!" Everybody jumped back except me he held a gun out in front of KJ! "Man put it away he got a baby in his hands." "I aint gone pop him unless he take it back." I turned to Craig who looked with pleading eyes, awe shit. I took KJ and backed up with tha rest waiting for Craig to respond and Rodney cool down.