Chapter 1

MORE THAN FRIENDS -(NEW BEGINNINGS SERIES)-  BOOK 1

"I can't believe this is happening to me."

Looking through the rearview mirror, I see the guy who has just hit my car is now opening the door of his. So, with no other option, I get out.

He is looking in my direction, murmuring something to himself as he makes his way to me, and If I wasn't so furious I would find him quite attractive.

He is wearing a white t-shirt, faded jeans, and an old dark blue converse. Nothing eye-catching, but when he turns to me, his eyes connect with mine and there's something there that is too alluring. They're warm and shy and for a moment or two, I get lost in them before snapping out of it.

"So, how are we doing this?" I say, my arms crossing. Yeah, he is good-looking with his pleasant blue eyes and curly dirty brown hair, but he's still a guy, so I'm sure he'll try to blame me for the accident.

Maybe I stopped a little too abruptly when I realized I had missed my exit, but if he hadn't been following me so close, I'm certain this wouldn't have happened.

"Uh. Good morning to you too," he murmurs, frowning as he takes a closer look at my car.

"Look, I don't have time for this. You tell me how you're fixing my car, I get your information, we get out of here, and everybody is happy."

I know I sound rude, but, man! I really need a shower and my stomach is growling hard, a sour combination for my mood.

That's not how I envisioned beginning my new life at all. In my mind, Greg and I would be starting our lives together now.

Me alone, tired, and moving to a new city by myself where I don't know anyone was not in my plans.

And to top it off, with a broken rear, no pun intended.

Taking a deep breath, I count to ten. I'll not let this accident ruin the last of my good mood.

Well, as long as this guy pays for it.

When I see his eyes going back from my car then to his, I just know he is trying to get out of it, but I'm standing my ground here.

He broke it. He will fix it. Simple like that.

"You do realize it was your fault, right?" he says, tilting his head to the side to study me, and I can't help but notice he has a cute smile too.

"What do you mean it was my fault? You hit the back of my car!" I say.

"Because you stopped without a warning," he says as if I were a child.

Great!

Closing my eyes, I count to fifteen this time. I'm not losing my temper. It's the first day of my new life, and I'm not letting this guy ruin it. Looking from my broken car to him, I smile.

Okay, it's on the fake side, but at least I'm trying, right?

"How can we solve it?" I say before taking a deep cleansing breath.

"Right... Why don't I give you my number? I have this friend who is a mechanic. Maybe he can get us a discount or something. I don't think insurance will cover this."

"Okay, I guess," I say as I take my phone from my bag on the passenger seat. When I turn back to him, I realize he is checking me out. "My eyes are right up here, buddy," I say as I raise my eyebrows.

"Sorry. You have Cheetos all over yourself." He rubs his lips with his fingers as if to contain his smile this time.

"Oh!" I say as I look at my jeans and blouse, hating myself a little for blushing.