Chapter 19 - "Won't Back Down?"

A/N: We're getting close to the end if this story aaaaah I don't want it to end! I love writing this :D the awesomeface thing is I'm gonna make a sequel for this :3 I already have the main plot planned out and stuff yayyyy I'm excitedddd

- - -

Chapter 19:

>In the castle dungeon

Deviant still snuck through the dungeon with no luck in finding a single human, until she stumbled upon the transformation chamber, where people were turned into squids. She saw people in cells around the big room, but no squids to guard them. This was her chance!

She looked around the hallway she stood in, then entered the transformation chamber.

"You guys are gonna get outta here," Deviant said to the prisoners. "Just stay quiet." She looked around the room for a way to open the cell doors. Her eyes landed on a huge key hanging on a hook in plain sight. No matter how many people they were able to defeat, they were still completely and purely stupid. She took the key off the wall, took a glance outside of the room, and began to unlock the first cell door. Then she unlocked the next, then the next, and soon all seven cells were unlocked and the people who were inside each one were free.

"Who are you?" one of the people whispered as Deviant began to lead them out.

She stopped. "That doesn't matter at this point." Then she continued walking, back through the way she came from. They made their way out without running into a single squid. And once they were out, Deviant returned to the dungeon to free more people, and to find a certain squid.

---

More than 24 hours passed since the batte began. It was night again, and everyone was exhausted, but still determined to fight until the end. No one was going to back down. At least, that was their initial intention.

Most of the prisoners who had been taken from the Minecrafters' side had somehow come back, and the only thing they knew was a girl no one knew freed them, then disappeared. But even after their return, their numbers had decreased, and now the squids and their allies outnumbered them.

After looking for an hour, Rosie finally found Adam in this mess. And when she did, the first thing she did was slap him. "Adam, I think we have to retreat. We're going down in numbers, and soon everyone will be gone. Lets just head back to the overworld, regroup, assess our current situation, whatever. We just can't keep fighting like this."

Adam paused, thought for a moment, glanced at the unfolding chaos of the battle, hesitated, then said a simple, "Okay." Before Rosie could say anything else, he yelled for everyone to retreat. They all stopped fighting and left the Squid Dimension as quickly as they came. And before stepping into the portal, Adam took a look at the enemies they had left, watching them leave in anger and confusion, yet not following them. He looked into the Squid King's cold eyes, filled with anger and hatred. And Adam knew the Squid King would soon come to the overworld to finish the battle, and he wasn't going to hold back on anything.

---

Intern, Emily, and Jeremy sat in the lounge after everyone had gone to sleep. They hadn't met in the control room since Deviant was sent into Minecraft, and they didn't want to in fear of being caught themselves.

"What are we supposed to do?!" Emily was freaking out. "What if he finds out about what we've been doing?! What if--"

Intern put a hand on her shoulder. "Emily. Calm down. We'll figure this out. I hope. . ."

"Hope?! Omg, we're never going to get out of this mess, are we?! Someone's gonna find out what we're doing, we're gonna get in trouble, and then we're gonna get sent into Minecraft too! Then we won't be able to save everyone, and--"

Intern pressed his lips against hers, and she immediately stopped talking. He was sure she would pull away, but she didn't. And then the kiss ended as abruptly as it started.

"Sorry, I just needed to shut you up," Intern almost whispered, hoping she couldn't see him blush under the dim light.

"Wow. That was. . .wow," Emily said.

"Um, I don't meant to interrupt. . .whatever this is," said Jeremy, "but, uh, yeah, I'm still here, and this is kinda getting awkward for me. Should I leave?" But they didn't acknowledge him, they just continued with their moment. "Okay, I'll just. . .go." And then he left the room.

"So you. . .?" Emily asked.

"Yeah. And you also. . .?" Intern managed to say.

"Yup. . ."

- - -

A/N: Well that's fucking adorable x3 Writing on my phone again, so idk if this is a decent length of a chapter or not. Yeah so uh, yeah. . .first kissing scene of this story (I think...) yay! There will be more. . .not saying between who or at what time but there will be more. . .mwahaha >:D

Get out your tissues, bcuz the next chapter may be a bit of an emotional roller coaster (omg that sounds so cliché)