- Shock value actions -

Start from the beginning

I knew it happened once you passed sixteen, but there was never a set date. You could be sixteen, twenty or in my case, seventeen. It was like getting a period, you know it's going to happen at some point in certain age brackets (in this case roughly 12 to 15) but specifically, between those ages, you're not to know! Then boom, one day, your world comes crashing down and your favourite underwear is ruined!!

Okay so I don't mean to compare it to finding your mate, but to ME it wasn't something I was excited for. So yeah, it was that bad.

Maybe I'd react differently IF it was a different person. Don't get me wrong, Theo was gifted with a face, a body and a brain, but he was rude and cocky. I had my moments but he took it to another level. It was even more overwhelming that he was our Alpha's son, his bloodline powerful while mine? Not so much.

I couldn't keep up with that. I wasn't cut out for being stuck in this damn town, and I certainly wasn't capable of being potential Luna one day.

I rubbed my face with both my hands, defeated and confused.

Anyone but him...

Theo Rörik was a jackass. He can suck on these invisible, hanging nuts.

It didn't make sense why he of all people were my mate. I kept to myself, everyone kept to him. I'd rather avoid someone, he'd rather ruin them.

In return, he wasn't too fond of me either. That dislike started two years ago:

  Grabbing my backpack, I headed down the hallway and noticed him.

Theo.

He was extremely popular. Of course, he was the Alpha's son. Plus, he was really cute.

His eyes briefly found mine but as quick as it came, he glanced away. I was just another face to him.

He stood there, talking to a girl named Melanie. She was giggling, her cheeks rosy while he smiled knowingly at her. Of course he was comfortably leaning against my locker.

Picking up the courage, I approached them and stopped in front of where they were both leaning.

She noticed me first, raising a plucked eyebrow while his hands continued to run down her arm. My gaze slid to him. He either didn't want to acknowledge me or didn't notice because his dark eyes stayed on her.

"Can I help you?" He spoke rudely. So he did notice me? I was taken back. For someone popular and extremely social, he was pretty rude.

"Yeah, um," I was a bit overwhelmed. She snickered, making him tauntingly smirk while flickering his gaze on me. "I need to go to my locker."

"Then go."

"I'm sorry, but-" I pointed at the locker he was leaning on. "That's my locker."

"And?"

I frowned. Was this guy for real? She laughed again, while he smugly stared at me. "You're on my locker."

"Am I? What a shame."

"Yeah? Uh anyway, I really need to get to it." Gosh, this was difficult. He didn't budge and she was highly amused. "Move."